Discussion: Boehner's Netanyahu Invite Is An 'Unprecedented' Diss Of Obama

The most fascinating part will be if he comes, and Barack ignores him. That would make perfect sense to me - leave him to play with his Republican cronies while acting like he’s not even in town. Or better yet, head over to Hawaii for a round of golf. Paybacks are a bitch, Bibi.

1 Like

Maybe they go to Boehner’s favorite country club bar where the bartender tried to kill him.

You have a fair point, it can be confusing.

Here is my fear, and what I was driving at earlier in my posting on Netanyahu’s attack which killed an Iranian general in Syria 2 days ago: If Netanyahu can provoke a strong reaction from Iran - or its proxy, Hizbullah - Our congress and large numbers of Americans will be crying for US action to support Israel.

7 Likes

I hope the Iranians restrain themselves.

7 Likes

Boozer’s only mission for the next 2 years is to Fuck That Nigger. Since his previous plan of making sure Obama is a one-term president turned out so well.

4 Likes

Hey, don’t go giving those idiots ideas, please!!

Revelation is about persecution. Most of the New Testament was written before major persecution began. Revelation is full of blood and guts because the persecutions were full of blood and guts. It’s like an acid trip because it couldn’t mention the persecutors directly, only allegorically.

1 Like

“…Netanyahu…”

So, career Israeli politicians are good. Career American politicians are bad. Is that what career Republicans are selling us?

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make a lot of sense if many of us called for the MIddle East to be a nuclear-free area? Iran, Israel, and all other countries would be forced to abandon any hopes of having nuclear arms, under the threat of international military intervention.

Of course, the only current nuclear power would have to destroy its weapons.

Peace now!

1 Like

No, the Repubs are saying that only white politicians can be trusted!

The racism is stupendous!!

1 Like

@MartinHeldt: You make an excellent point about Netanyahu trying to provoke a larger war in the middle east to burnish his hawkish credentials with his extreme right wing base in the same way Republican presidents routinely do before elections here at home.

4 Likes

The Israel Lobby roars

The Israel Lobby’s War Party is enraged

Go ahead, let them tie the zionist fetish around their GOP necks Netanyahu will be with good and deserved company with the likes of other failed zealotries like trickle down economics, the War in Iraq, anti-Obamacare, Obama as Muslim, birthers, climate change denialism and so on. Get them all on that sinking ship of the Stupid and let them float into the dustbin of history together.

3 Likes

I just want to acknowledge the general sentiment of the posters above and congratulate the majority for seeing through the horseshit and realizing that Netanyahu is nothing more than a war criminal.
And he has no respect for us, his greatest benefactor:

“I know what America is,” Netanyahu told a group of terror victims, apparently not knowing his words were being recorded. “America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won’t get in their way.”

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkpoint-washington/2010/07/netanyahu_america_is_a_thing_y.html

Read it. Go ahead and see what these pricks think about us even if they would just be a bloody smear on the landscape without our financial support and the technology their spies steal from us.
Fuck you Bibi.

7 Likes

Boehner has delivered another unprovoked error, and the president is going to profit from it. What can this seemingly pointless snub of Obama gain the GOP? Nothing. Obama will continue to wield the veto pen, and he has more latitude than Beohner (and his right-wing colleagues) when it comes to executing U.S. foreign policy. Additionally, Obama can take the high road and shine a light on Boehner’s peevishness. Or, he can gracefully snub Netanyahu and make his visit (should he accept the invitation) a case study in how to subtly diminish the stature of a foreign leader. Formal rules of etiquette can wound as sure as they can sooth.

5 Likes

Because international attempts at forcing a peaceful resolution in Syria have been so very successful?

My guess is that the invitation would not have been made public unless it was done deal between Boehner and Bibi.

My take is that it will backfire on both of them.

3 Likes

Obama does not need Netanyahu at this point. He does need Iran to fight ISIS though. And Iran needs US help fighting ISIS a lot more than it needs a nuclear weapon.

Iran can and almost certainly will play spoiler on Bibi’s visit. All they need to do is to make a significant concession in the talks while Bibi is over in the US requiring Kerry to jet off to close the deal.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available