Discussion: Biden Jokes About Physical Affection In First Speech Since Accusations

17 Likes

Would have a tad more punch if “msygonystic” were spelled correctly…

10 Likes

Yeah, stolen memes have those problems…

6 Likes

It’s hard for me to see these complaints as anything other than backstabbing attempts to damage Biden’s presidential run. Since all of the accusers say Biden meant them no harm and they aren’t intimidated or afraid of Biden, what stopped them from talking to him personally?

11 Likes

Uses the same spell checker as Fat Donnie.

2 Likes

It’s time for the media to move on from a non story. And, they need to check their sources better. Lazy journalism in a time of crisis is a disservice to all.

5 Likes

This will enrage the purity patrol.

2 Likes

good work joe! Creepy lechers everywhere have been looking for a hero to minimize the concerns of women who don’t like being mauled under the pretense of “being friendly”. And now they’ve found him.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/yourfeminstboss/status/1113888843227254785?s=21

10 Likes

None of the women who have been whining about being touched…even the one working for Bernie and the Russophile, have accused him of being a “creepy lecher”.

5 Likes

I am a woman and I think this entire issue is absurd.

10 Likes

There’s a few different things happening here. Biden’s intentions can be good and he can still be creeping people out. The real issue is the impunity with which men act due to our patriarchal society. Biden could recognize that privilege he has, apologize for his behaviors, and move on. But he hasn’t apologized, he’s made a video saying he’d change, and then he jokes about it. So he’s not convincing me that he really thinks he needs to change. That’s a bigger problem than just being a handsy old man, IMO. His “not getting it” is my main objection. We don’t have time to waste on more presidents who don’t see reality clearly due to their bubbles of privilege.

14 Likes

I am not blaming any women. I am saying knock off the purity police. The guy was the author of the defense of women act. He pushed Obama to accept gay marriage. I get it he may have been tone deaf with Anita Hill but so were many other democrats and sorry but you have to take the time that trial occurred in-into perspective. That is the point. There is a larger perspective here. He is not a misogynist or a sexual predator or talking about grabbing body parts like the current occupant of the oval office. He can beat Trump. That is what I care about. Let’s take care of beating the real blame the woman hater in the oval office.

7 Likes

I’m a man, and I think its an important issue.

8 Likes

I admit that Biden’s pretty creepy on this score, all excessively touch feely people are, and, considering the political climate in which he exists, he should have learned a more decorous way to show his empathy and affection a long time ago. I imagine he thought that what criticism reached him wasn’t serious, just part and parcel with Uncle Joe gaffes and everybody loved him anyway. Well, wrong.

But, really. Enough is enough. There are real monsters in the world and Joe Biden isn’t one of them.

All the same, @causeforconcern up above is on the money. “We don’t have time to waste on more presidents who don’t see reality clearly due to their bubbles of privilege.”

8 Likes

When will the apologizing stop exactly if he does that. Do you not see that slippery slope??

2 Likes

Lots of people can beat Trump. We have a deep bench of qualified and inspiring candidates.

5 Likes

This is not a good argument. You’re placing a man’s reputation, an aspiring public elected official, actually, over the social status and rights of half of the entire population. It’s saying “men are more important than women.” I strongly disagree.

3 Likes

If Biden wants it to stop, he has to start acting like he understands the legitimate concerns of women, rather than belittling those women by joking about their concerns.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available