Discussion: 3 Dead In Northern California Shooting, Gunman Killed After Wounding Children

@junebug - I love the new avatar!

And folks, we need a new ad campaign - like the old this is your brain on drugs - This is your Country on Republicans.

10 Likes

Thanks. Peace from an old lady. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be a “lone wolf” or “disturbed individual” if it’s a white guy and he’ll have to “check out all the facts before commenting.” If it’s anyone else, he or she is a terrorist who should get the death penalty without a trial.

4 Likes

Then you’re doing an excellent job. Keep it up!

9 Likes

Great Idea.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to think that my constant nasty emails and faxes to Jeb Hensarling had something to do with his decision to retire.

7 Likes

“…the gunfire began with a domestic violence incident…”

Nearly a 100% common denominator among the mostly white, male mass shooters.

11 Likes

When will the NRA finally be declared a terrorist organization?

7 Likes

People always turn out to have known and often “let it be known” that their neighbor/brother/friend/acquaintance ect was a dangerous person with a gun. This shit never comes out of nowhere.

5 Likes

I am sad to report that, at this rate, we are nearing a perpetual state of too soon to be talking about that…

7 Likes

If the killer wanted to be memorable, he should have shouted “Allahu akbar” while shooting. Then the public would remember. And if he had been in the country with an H1-visa, I’d be willing to guess which remedy the twitterer in chief would have suggested.

Absent both of these aggravating factors the collective response will be a resounding shrug. Nothing to see here. Just a lunatic. Moving on.

1 Like

Trump won Tahema County with 65% of the vote. It’s one of the reddest in the state and part of the area that wanted to secede to form their own state because “it’s only democracy when my side wins.” I expect law enforcement at the local and county levels will do whatever possible to smooth over this white guy’s behavior and beliefs. And yes, he’s white. You can tell because nobody has said a goddamn thing about his race yet.

8 Likes

So, is it still too soon to talk (just talk mind you) about sensible gun control???
edit
This question is directed to one Bobby Jindal

3 Likes

Mr. Speaker, if you were doing it right, your prayer would compel you to Do Something.

3 Likes

I wonder if along with the other info on a background check a questionaire could be included about past history of domestic quarrels when ol redneck Cletus wants a Ma Deuce for deer season? I have heard of Johnny Redneck using an assault rifle during pig season in Alabammy…

1 Like

Mess with Medicare??? When did that not work anymore as the third rail of politics?
Several million old farts like me camping out on my representative’s office door will eventually get a response. Praps I could go all Gandhi on 'em and do a hunger strike.

4 Likes

The price our children pay for freedom.

3 Likes

From Faux News’ story:

"Gov. Jerry Brown said in a statement that he and his wife are “saddened to hear about today’s violence in Tehama County, which shockingly involved schoolchildren. We offer our condolences to the families who lost loved ones and unite with all Californians in grief.”

Display nothing; This is on Publish with no configured Image
Vice President Mike Pence tweeted his condolences for the lives lost in the shooting, and said “We commend the effort of courageous law enforcement. We’ll continue to monitor the situation & provide federal support, as we pray for comfort & healing for all impacted.” (bold added for emphasis)

What the hell is language in bold all about?

From the foxnews.com story…

“Brian Flint told Record Searchlight newspaper after the incident that his neighbor was the gunman in Tuesday’s deadly shooting.
“The crazy thing is that the neighbor has been shooting
a lot of bullets lately, hundreds of rounds, large magazines,” Flint
said. “We made it aware that this guy is crazy and he’s been threatening
us.””

*HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS AND NOBODY WORRIED AS TO WHAT WAS UP WITH THIS GUY???
“We made it aware…”
OK, who is “it” exactly??
If “it” refers to the local police then they have blood on their hands in this.

4 Likes

Why not go whole hog and make ammo + all ingredients illegal?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available