Discussion: 3 Dead In Northern California Shooting, Gunman Killed After Wounding Children

Very worthy of some little investigation. Nice insight.

2 Likes

Can I get a copyright on “Thoughts and Prayers”?

1 Like

It’s time to regulate semiautomatic firearms like fully automatic firearms, if not ban private ownership altogether. There’s a reason that suicide shooters don’t use MP42s or M249s or other fully automatic guns: the National Firearms Act of 1934, passed when Congress had leaders and the NRA had ethics.

5 Likes

[quote=“thx1138, post:16, topic:65049, full:true”]
Oh, the “well regulated militia” has struck again? I completely forgot it was a Tuesday.
[/quote]You’d think if their militia was well-regulated they’d quit shooting kids in schools and other innocent victims. Do they not have, like…you know, rules? Maybe it’s part of the Republican effort to deregulate. Where are Trump’s generals? Can’t they do anything to get their militiamen in line?

6 Likes

Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers, always with the god damn thoughts and prayers.

If prayer works so well, are people praying for more mass shootings?

5 Likes

Oh, and speaking of cutting funding, The Washington Post has breaking news that repeal of the individual mandate is going to be included in the Senate tax plan. Because they need the money for … you know.

5 Likes

At some point, the NRA will achieve its mission: everyone will feel the need to have a gun to simply go to the grocery store.

2 Likes
11 Likes

It’s actually about 24 west of Red Bluff. Rancho Tehama is known in this area as tweaker central, add the large contingent of State of Jefferson, Sovereign Citizens, and Don’t Tread on Me conspiracy nuts and I’m surprised it’s taken this long for this to happen.

4 Likes

A broken record plays every week or two. This will never end, will it?

2 Likes

This should surprise no one. Until we have the will to enact meaningful gun legislation, we are living in the country we deserve.

2 Likes

Definitely worth some time.

1 Like

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I hope it’s from an AK-47
Because, Second Amendment Rights.
Amen

1 Like

As are all of you, I’m sure, but I’m getting sick of people having to go through this kind of tragedy every week. Seeing this happen once in a lifetime should be enough for those in power to do something to stop it, instead of perpetuating it and adopting policies that make it worse.

6 Likes

How long has it been since the last mass shooting in America? The NRA must be so proud that they have enabled these regularly scheduled expressions of freedum.

2 Likes

“Details were still sketchy hours after the shooting”

Translation: “The shooter is white and we’re desperately trying to avoid figuring out or admitting his motives.”

12 Likes

Time to put in place an excise tax on bullets. Revenue raised to go to paying for medical care from bullet wounds.

And then raise the tax. Again and again and again. Less revenue, but fewer bullets sold.

And hopefully fewer casualties.

8 Likes

On the one hand, I’m glad the shooter is dead, but on the other it means no interviews showing how absolutely unexceptional he was.

2 Likes

His 2nd Amendment Rights superseded everyone else’s right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

6 Likes

I saw that. Plus, Paul Krugman on Twitter:

This is awesome: passing the R tax cut would REQUIRE an immediate $25 billion cut in Medicare, plus $111 billion in other cuts (which isn’t legally possible). I.e., the whole exercise is illegal under Congress’ own rules https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/hr1hoyerletter.pdf …

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available