Discussion: 3 Dead In Northern California Shooting, Gunman Killed After Wounding Children

Sorry, I don’t know, but I did just read that the Kalashnikov Manufacturing Business is going private… and, that it sells more guns in the US than to the Russian Military.

8 Likes

Another sad story that will get forgotten by 98% of the population by a Friday because the death toll wasn’t remarkable enough to them. Not a criticism of those people, just a thought about how normalized we have all become as a defense mechanism to all this wanton slaughter

13 Likes

Hey, hey HEY: Stop talking about guns, y’all. MUCH too early. And too late. Whatever. NOT THE RIGHT TIME!

23 Likes

In case you’re wondering what the reaction will be from the Trumpublican Party…

Muslim shooter: Ban muslims

Hispanic shooter: Build the wall.

Other minority shooter: More cops and prison cells.

White shooter: Thought and prayers.

29 Likes

Red Bluff is one of the hot spots for the “State of Jefferson” split from California movement ( though Tehama Co. as a whole voted against it. The area is festooned with militia and “sovereign citizens” types.

It will be interesting to find out more about this particular shooter.

14 Likes

Shh! It’s not the time for talking about that.

6 Likes

I think it is a question worth asking at this point…

I agree. Very much so.

4 Likes

The impulse, or the mental health of an individual who does these things doesn’t matter. The only important thing to understand is that it is everyone’s right to own a gun to do these things to the defenseless. Having the right to do this is the end all/be all of everything virtuous about this nation. If only everyone had a gun, then nobody would shoot anyone else.

8 Likes

5 dead now

3 Likes

We will also hear the shooter is “mentally deranged”. How many people who are fighting mental illness do not go out and shoot to kill? The vast majority do not. I’m weary of the excuse, especially from heartless Republicans who cut funding for healthcare.

The shooter was reported as dangerous. Why was nothing done? Oh, right. His 2nd Amendment rights would have been violated. What about the right to life for the dead people?

18 Likes

What I usually ask myself is:

“Okay, if the perpetrator had a knife instead of a gun,
how does the rest of this story go…?”

8 Likes

@irasdad I also learned today that the “Too Soon to Discuss It” add on is especially popular.

8 Likes

Ahem.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) in an interview broadcast Monday dismissed criticism of his tweet saying the Texas shooting victims “need our prayers,” arguing “prayer works.”

“It’s disappointing. It’s sad, and this is what you’ll get from the far secular left. People who do not have faith, don’t understand faith, I guess I’d have to say,” Ryan told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham on “The Ingraham Angle” when asked about the criticism.

“And it is the right thing to do, is to pray in moments like this because you know what? Prayer works.”

:confused:

15 Likes

What a picture. It’s like a stripper booth, but with guns. “Adult entertainment.”

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been praying that mass shooters only wound their victims, not kill them. Hasn’t worked yet, you asshole.

4 Likes

It’s only missing the pole that looks like a rifle barrel

2 Likes

To be fair, a lot of people didn’t see Paul Ryan’s full quote. He said:

“If you want to see lots of dead Americans, including children, and make sure
you do something other than address the shooting epidemic, prayer works.”

4 Likes

I bet that exists.

2 Likes

Next week another one will grab the headlines.

3 Likes

[bad spanish accent]
The way you use that phrase… I doono think it means what you think it means.
[/bad spanish accent]

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available