Zip Ties Found At Pelosi’s Home After Attack On Her Husband, Cops Say - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

The San Francisco police told NBC News on Sunday that law enforcement had discovered zip ties at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) home on Friday when they were investigating the scene of the horrific assault on Pelosi’s 82-year-old husband, Paul Pelosi.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1437674
1 Like

FiRsT!image

35 Likes

"The ex-president’s attorneys have a busy week ahead of them…"

Wasn’t paying close attention and thought this was a lead in to a report on SCOTUS.

7 Likes

So, Bolsonaro lost and Lula will be Presidente do Brasil, if he can get the autocrat to step down. That’s an October miracle. Now we need a November miracle here in the US.

61 Likes

Just in case anyone on the right would now claim that it “proves” kinky sex or anything (which they will). As a practitioner of such, there is no sane kinky person who would use zip ties. They can cause damage to skin and might even cause permanent damage. Use leather restraints or soft rope - never too tight especially with respect to wrists.

36 Likes

Lula is probably going to have to cobble together a private army to extract Bolsonaro from the Presidential palace.

14 Likes

Oh, please! Spare me!

4 Likes

You’re really cute if you think the assailant cared about potential skin damage to his victim.

I’m not a kink practitioner, but I’d be surprised to find actual hammers for sale any where as sex toys. I’m pretty sure hammers don’t meet at least one of the “Safe, Sane, and Consensual” criteria.

7 Likes
46 Likes

I think you’re correct.

And I’ve already seen calls from the far right in Brazil for a military coup d’etat. My prior on “Something bad happens” is about 4:1.

17 Likes

I think @the_lone_apple is asserting that there was nothing consensual about this business.

27 Likes

Must be a Republican cause his private part is larger than his brain cavity.

16 Likes

Trump is way overdue for a public utterance that Bolsonaro was robbed.

24 Likes

I think Safe and Sane flew the coop, too.

5 Likes

The next question is: Will Bolsonaro, having spent months sowing doubt about the legitimacy of the election a la Trump, accept his defeat?

Why is this posed as a question in this way?

It really is a question of when & how he will attempt a coup. The surprise would be if he does nothing to violently obstruct a transition.

19 Likes

The burning question is: will we get a perp walk?

11 Likes

Someone needs to set up a twitter account that predicts what different GOP’ers will say in response to different bad news.

It’d be easy.

14 Likes

Regarding the Halloweeen tragedy in South Korea, I think there were 3 main factors at hand. 1. Past-looking bureaucracies. Over the years, I have observed that the government bureaucracies from the local to the national level in advanced Asian countries like Korea and Japan tend to be filled with bright, hard-working people. They are really good at responding to problems. Unfortunately, anticipating problems is one of their systemic weaknesses. 2. Personal space. People in Asian countries tend to live in densely-populated urban areas, and from young ages develop a level of comfort in being packed in like sardines. I would guess that the average American requires 2-3 times the personal space of the typical Japanese or Korean. 3. Pervasive sense of safety. Unlike many western countries, where you take your life in your hands if you accidentally wander into the wrong neighborhood, major cities in China, Japan, Korea, etc. tend to be extremely safe. Again: from young ages, people grow up with little instinct for possible danger and develop a sense that they go anywhere safely.

22 Likes

Still wondering when people are going to acknowledge that WWIII has been underway for some years now.

That we’ve now progressed to the point where we can’t be confident that the far-right will peacefully step down after losing elections, and all fingers for the far right point right back to Russia.

49 Likes

Is there some way I can send you some popcorn…?:slight_smile:

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available