Zelensky Vows To Stay In Kyiv As Russia Presses Advance | Talking Points Memo

The audience would roar for 11 minutes straight.

7 Likes

What a lovely thought.

@mattinpa

3 Likes

Good…good. I was thinking more of some kinda…I don’t know…Nobel Awards stage.

4 Likes

It would be wonderful. But I wish some gentle spirit could put those little kids in the basement the first night with their coloring books back in their homes, and this had never happened, and there was rain falling so they colored and then ran to show mom what they’d done. That one won’t come true.

6 Likes

If there’s a Nobel Prize for ass-kicking it’s a lock.

7 Likes

I think Zelensky deserves ALL the awards next year…Emmy…Academy…Country Music…Tony…
Super Bowl MVP…

ETA: And he should definitely have a lock on Eurovision.

6 Likes

This Zelenskiiy? (Yes, actually)

9 Likes

Now if he can show the same dexterity evading capture for a while…

5 Likes

I’d vote for him!

ETA: Okay…just watched the video and now I lknow. Not only does he have BIG balls…but they are very talented musically.

6 Likes

More than 150 senior Russian officials sign open letter condemning Putin’s invasion of Ukraine

8 Likes

WOW…that seems pretty huge to me.

2 Likes

You left out Rafael “Ted” Cruz (Q-Cancun), but that seems like justice, because he wants attention so badly.

4 Likes

Followed shortly by 150 suicides, heart attacks, car accidents and indigestion.

2 Likes

EU apparently closing airspace to Russia. Massive escalation.

13 Likes

More than old Uncle Joe thought.

6 Likes

Memories of Howard Stern getting into trouble with the FCC when a guest pulled that same stunt.

2 Likes

Well Putin? Your move.

2 Likes

If the Ruskees start attacking overhead and dropping bombs, moving road signs and making molotov cocktails isn’t going to be too helpful. This could be getting really serious, Ukraine could be in for a world of hurt.

3 Likes

Unless the russians just destroy Ukraine, declare victory and go home (which I am not claiming is necessarily counterfactual), there will be russian soldiers on the ground eventually. And at that point the small-scale stuff becomes important again.

Yeah, this is getting serious. And horrible.

4 Likes

WaPo
Ukraine calls for digital volunteers to undertake a cyberwar on Russia

Ukraine officials called on tech volunteers around the world to attack major Russian government and business websites Saturday, quickly attracting tens of thousands of followers and rendering at least some sites inaccessible in parts of the world.

Ukraine’s deputy prime minister for digital transformation, Mykhailo Fedorov, announced on Twitter that he was forming an “IT Army of Ukraine,” directing viewers to a channel on Telegram that by the evening local time had more than 90,000 subscribers.

The Telegram channel posted a list of targets, some of which had already been subjected to low-skill “distributed denial of service” attacks.

Ukraine is being very creative!

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available