You’re Welcome, Black America: Trump Claims He Made Juneteenth ‘Very Famous’

President Donald Trump congratulated himself for the controversy over his now-cancelled plans to hold a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Juneteenth, a holiday marking the end of slavery.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1315514
1 Like

32 Likes

If he was executed for treason, his last words would be: “Obama never got ratings like this.”

And he would be right.

28 Likes

Remember back in the day they used to “pie” politicians? And then they went to using milkshakes? We need something new, and something that the Secret Service hasn’t figured out yet.

5 Likes

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm!

Trump also told the Wall Street Journal that the reason his entourage of supporters at his infamous photo-op in front of St. John’s Church was made up of entirely of white people was because there weren’t any black supporters at the White House.

16 Likes

Me? I’m just waiting for Trumpteenth, when we are all finally emancipated from this Trumpian nightmare.

34 Likes

Nuclear-armed peashooters.

3 Likes

We’re gonna need more whitewash…

8 Likes

How many times can I say that words fail me?

11 Likes

whoever was in charge of Trump’s meds for that interview is soooooo fired…

13 Likes

That holiday will occur at 1/20/2021 at high noon eastern time.

14 Likes

“It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it,”
Trump talk for “He never heard of it”

24 Likes

“I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous,” Trump said in an interview, "It’s actually an important event, an important time. But nobody had ever heard of it,” he continued.

Since he’d never heard of it he thinks nobody had ever heard of it. WTF?! “Nobody” must mean the clueless white people he surrounds himself with.

If the sum of human awareness and intelligence was based on what Trump has heard of and understands …

Someone please make the stupid stop.

20 Likes

Eric?

6 Likes

Bush the lesser had a shoe thrown at him, Trump needs that with the improvement of having just stepped in dog shit.

2 Likes

I did something good: I made Juneteenth very famous,” Trump said

What a total buffoon DiJiT is !

7 Likes

If he’d just resign, then that date would become VERY famous.

10 Likes

13 Likes

He’s just really bringing the stupid today.

19 Likes

The Emancipation Proclamation was signed on Jan 1st. That would make a fine holiday in it’s own right if it weren’t contemporaneous with the New Years holiday.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available