Wohl, Burkman Indicted Again For Robocalls To Intimidate Minority Voters

Rightwing troll duo Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman have been indicted again, this time in Ohio’s Cuyahoga County, for an alleged scheme to place robocalls that discourage minority communities from voting by mail. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340828
1 Like

Rightwing troll duo Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman have been indicted again

Out on bail, are they?

11 Likes

This is especially egregious when you consider that disenfranchisement is already rampant here and how close the race is. There is no way these scum weren’t doing this with high up, moneyed help.

10 Likes

Maybe as a condition for bail in OH the judge should order the two pay for their bonds in coins. Don’t we need more pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters?

6 Likes

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman are the Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne of Louie Gohmerts and Ron Johnsons.

23 Likes

your personal information will be part of a public database that will be used by police departments to track down old warrants and be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debts?”

??? Are you fucking kidding me? I shouldn’t be surprised. Back in the pre-ACA days the wording in the draft about being able to pay bills with a debit card was turned into you were giving the government access to your bank account.

3 Likes

Revoke their bail, throw them in jail!

5 Likes

Half the population? Half of the eligible voters more accurately, which sucks.

4 Likes

One day per each of 67,000 calls sounds fair. They’ll be out in a tad over 183 years.

13 Likes

I may be in a minority here but Wohl and Burkman are in need of the death penalty.

2 Likes

A little Cuyahoga County jail would do them good.

8 Likes

I was actually thinking of Harry and Marv from the Home Alone movies.

7 Likes

“…the buffoonish duo…”

Nice to see the word ‘buffoonish’ used in its proper context! :+1:

10 Likes

That stack of pardons on Trump’s desk is getting YUGE!

Do you think they know he can’t pardon them for state crimes?

9 Likes

Worse, make them pay in bitcoin. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Lock 'em up!

8 Likes

Between these two ratfucker-wannabes, there isn’t a single working brain cell. No way they came up with and funded this scheme. I’d say there are just useful idiots for other world-class ratfuckers. Especially those recently pardoned by the Criminal-in-Chief.

12 Likes

Not quite as pithy as “lock her up!” but quite usable in crowd chants.

ETA: @icarrion and @BlackLodgeRefugee : When they start digging in to find out who financed those calls, even if they are fairly inexpensive, I’ll bet Roger Stone’s sticky fingers are all over the cash.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t actually administer it – Death Row can be even more cruel and unusual – I’d keep 'em guessing.

3 Likes

Pro tip: when you’re committing a vague, bloodless crime that many prosecutors would be reluctant to go after, don’t keep repeating the crime in new states until you find that mad dog prosecutor.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available