With The Filibuster Still A Problem, Dems Hope To At Least Get 50 Votes For Ballot Access Bill | Talking Points Memo

@PrimeTime

You was too quick.

Tell my maw I loved her.

4 Likes

You should read some of the back stories on these two. Nutty as it gets, suing his parents, family, neighbors, dog breeder and even made little children cry. And of course he’s running for U.S. Senate.

4 Likes

Where does that dippy woman with purple hair from Arizona stand? The rest of the Democratic caucus might be able to come to terms with Manchin around a compromise endorsed by Stacey Abrams–but what about Sinema?

3 Likes

Pretty sure if I was running against him I’d not refer to him as anything other than Captain ManKaren or some form of that.

4 Likes

Well, you might have to back on the “people” part too if you want to accurately describe their perception of the situation. I think we all know why.

4 Likes

Good grief, what a litany of asshattery. They are who we think they are.

12 Likes

Oh, and fuck Joe Manchin.

Can’t be said enough.

2 Likes

Face it…these people are literally destroying representative government that makes policy with the outcome benefitting those that put them in office…they’re fundraisers now,kow towing to dark money…trading off the ignorance of voters and more recently with outright lies that endanger the future of free and fair elections

9 Likes

Up or down vote! Up or down vote! Up or down vote!

3 Likes

Where are the democrats in this scenario? If 41 supporting the filibuster have to remain do the dem votes to override the filibuster have to be there too?

OT from raw story…

Ex-Trump doctor demands Biden endure cognitive test ex-president took: ‘Person, woman, man, camera TV’

Conservative Texas Congressman Ronny Jackson announced Thursday that he wants President Joe Biden to take a cognitive test to prove his mental stability.

It’s a curious request given Jackson’s work in Donald Trump’s administration as a physician who protected the former Republican president from any questions about his medical health including the cognitive ability.
… … … … …
Rep Jackson should ask Putin as to his assessment of Biden’s cognitive ability since he said Biden lets nothing get by and has excellent mental ability.

16 Likes

“Supporters of the bull had mounted a full court press on Manchin” seems like an appropriate uncaught typo…

3 Likes

OT, but good god…is it me or is this guy like 3 seconds from offering to polish Putin’s knob with his larynx?

Seen and Unseen: Raymond Arroyo breaks down Biden, Putin’s body language

You can tell they’re still sooooooo fucking butthurt over Trump looking like Putin’s whipped bitch at Helsinki.

5 Likes

Gee, I wonder what Boris Epshtyn thought of if it. No, not really. Not ever.

Raymond Arroyo is so full of bullshit that it makes one’s head spin. Just more FOX crap.

6 Likes

Thanks. I’m familiar with the procedure for changing (or “correcting the interpretation of”) the cloture rule.

It probably wasn’t clear, but what I was asking about was what strategy the Dems should employ to get to the point of addressing the filibuster. (In the best posture to bring Manchin & Sinema on board.)

The steps I outlined above had more to do with how to bring Manchin & Co. to the end of their rope in the most cooperative frame of mind. Perhaps by serving them with large helpings of compromise and attempted bipartisanship, followed by a dessert plate of fresh Mitch droppings. I hoped someone might have some insight on that.

1 Like

“Republicans — who are extremely resistant to any federal intervention in state elections…”

Except for pressing the DOJ to reverse results in Georgia.

And Arizona.

And Pennsylvania.

(Stop me any time.)

And Michigan.

And Wisconsin.

(Any time…)

Did I mention the 60+ lawsuits?

27 Likes

Fine album.

2 Likes

I want Ronny Jackson to take a drug and alcohol test – every time he shows up at the Capitol.

14 Likes

Remember Rudy and the Kraken whining about all of that election fraud? Well, until they got in front of an actual judge. Even those 2 dolts could figure out how that could go all wrong.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available