Why Is The Overstock.com CEO Writing Himself Into The Trump-Russia Story? | Talking Points Memo

The CEO of Overstock.com wants the public to know he’s a big part of the Trump-Russia story.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1242709

So the Trump family and the CEO are shorting Overstock.com stock then?

35 Likes

Patrick Byrne is a well-known conspiracy theorist. He has been saying crazy and provocative things for years.

31 Likes

He was tapped. So he must be needed. I wouldn’t be surprised. Team Trump has lots of distractions.

I cannot wait to see the juxtaposition of this sort of thing with what’s coming down the Pike with Strzok and McCabe.

26 Likes

“In that story, the Overstock CEO claimed to have had a fling with Butina…”

Maria’s drive-thru has served more Americans than McDonald’s.

66 Likes

Thank God I never bought anything from overstock.com. Its owner is deranged.

29 Likes

In short, Byrne is a potential Trump “administration” official.

27 Likes

Oh, no! Not another Greatest Political Scandal of All Time? How many can we withstand?

17 Likes

just the right amount of wrong to be right.

15 Likes

I guess he got bored with filing lawsuits claiming there was some grand conspiracy by all of Wall Street to short the stock of his little company.

The guy is a loony toon and just wants his name in the news.

12 Likes

“There is a deep state like a submarine lurking just beneath the waves of the periscope depth watching our shipping lanes,” Byrne said on Fox Business on Monday. “And a nuclear icebreaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.”

Well put, sir! See if you can string out that metaphor any further … “But the aircraft carrier that President Trump is skippering is launching kamakize pilots against the PT boat that Hillary Clinton used to run over the shoals where Epstein’s bodies are buried underwater.”

46 Likes

Loony-tunes right-wing billionaire says Russian spy told him, after a quickie, all sorts of shocking secrets about the Obama deep-state.
Reports Fox News.

Hilarious, these people.

33 Likes

"Signed, Pat ‘POE’ Byrne

P.S. We must safeguard our precious bodily fluids!"

12 Likes

So is #boycottoverstock trending yet?

This guy is probably actively working with Barr and Durham to come up with some cockamamee tinfoil hatted conspiracy nonsense that they announce late next summer…or October…in an attempt to influence the election. Durham’s “investigation” is my top guess for where that maneuver is going to come from. They think it’s like a cosmic eleventy-dimensional chess move but it’s more like Candyland.

And what the fuck do they care if it’s nonsense and gets quickly debunked AFTER November 2020? They’ll theoretically have already retaken the reins of power by lying to everyone again and will be able to tell any detractors to go fuck themselves.

27 Likes

It seems Byrne has taken a page from Trump’s playbook - deflecting from the disintegrating business he runs - Overstock…

Also, SEC is investigating Bryne’s cryptocurrency biz called tZero and its token security offering…so it could also be a distraction…

Or Byrne could also be distracting us with his deep state involvement and his escapades with the Russian honeypot from the Epstein suicide and Trump/Barr’s ties with Epstein.

Who knows with Barr & Trump spinning and lying about anything and everything…TBD!

8 Likes

“There is a deep state like a submarine lurking just beneath the waves of the periscope depth watching our shipping lanes,” Byrne said on Fox Business on Monday. “And a nuclear icebreaker called the USS Bill Barr has snuck up on them and is about to ram midship.”

Dive, dive, dive!

10 Likes

Won’t be long before Maria’s tied to Epstein.

13 Likes

Mr. Byrne seems to have gotten his don’t-make-waves CEO lessons from Elon Musk.

I’ve never been a customer, but their CEO’s antics have now guaranteed I never will be. Grape job.

11 Likes

Derp state.

15 Likes

One of those bodies Hilary Clinton ran over? Vincent Foster.

Or his body double, and Vincent Foster is secretly living in Santa Monica, posing as a homeless person.

6 Likes