Why Hasn’t Fox News Settled With Dominion?

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

I wanted to circle back to this Amanda Marcotte column from a few days ago. I’m mostly in agreement with Amanda, except in my view this doesn’t quite capture it:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1450420
2 Likes

what’s up

58 Likes

is that they are just that worried about what impact an admission of wrongdoing would have on their reputation with their audience. The possibility of a jury ruling in their favor, which they could spin as a total exoneration of their tactics

For the clue-impaired, faux ain’t exactly in the driver’s seat in settlement negotiations. And dominion ain’t very interested in things smaller than scalps and billions.

*to be clear, this is a quote from a non-TPM source

56 Likes

I believe Kurtz must mean Bien Biden. Well, it fits.

27 Likes

Muy Bien.

35 Likes

worried about what impact an admission of wrongdoing would have on their reputation with their audience

Fox viewers care nothing about Fox’s “reputation.”

And Fox knows this.

They care only that Fox keeps telling them what they want to hear.

Fox knows this, too.

That’s it, and that’s all.

If we’ve learned anything from the Dominion court filings, we’ve learned this.

38 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Backfire
A GOP war on ‘woke’? Most Americans see term as positive: Ipsos Poll (usatoday.com)

By 56%-39%, Americans say ‘woke’ means being aware of social injustice, not being overly politically correct

73 Likes

Biden es Bien.

15 Likes

Lucky 7th Ninth but not nunth

10 Likes

Exactly

7 Likes

Good!!!
‘Brought this on themselves’: Both antiabortion and abortion rights activists rally to boycott Walgreens - Alternet.org

48 Likes

OT but worth noting.

I think Republicans as a party will eventually fall into this approach.

They will turn it into an attack on millennials and a way for the Olds to get what “They Deserve” while saying young folks are lazy takers for not wanting to raise retirement age.

44 Likes

Still fleecing the rubes
Trump to sell $99 book of letters he’s received from celebrities - Alternet.org

The books will go on sale for $99 each, although interested buyers can get a signed copy for $399 if they want.

14 Likes

From the article

“The first thing you do is you change the retirement age of the young people coming up so that we can try and have some sort of system for them,” Haley said at a town hall in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Haley’s campaign, however, did not immediately respond when CNN asked what the former South Carolina governor would set as the retirement age.

Older? Younger? France is rioting over this issue.

41 Likes

I don’t think there is anything “OT” in a Hive MM thread. Only addenda. Post away folks. And if I’m not interested I’ll scroll.

48 Likes

a federal judge in New York found that Burkman and Wohl violated the federal Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act, the Ku Klux Klan Act and New York civil rights laws.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But did they do it in the Vatican?

8 Likes
34 Likes

The panic within Fox News is sure entertaining to watch. What I find funny is that after the horse got out of the barn, management has decided to send the various producers of their programs to attend mandatory training sessions on libel law. Vanity Fair has this article about the internal strife going on at Fox News.

35 Likes

Fox also benefits (As does Mr. Trump) from schooling its viewers that they can’t trust any other major news outlet.

13 Likes

Meanwhile, Jenna Ellis is lying today about the lying she admitted to in the censure agreement.

40 Likes