Why FL Got All The Emergency Medical Supplies It Requested

ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1299129

It’s almost like the binder that had how to deal with a disaster that knows no boundaries was thrown out along with the experts that wrote the plans, and whose job was to do nothing but think about the worst case scenario. Who’d a thunk that we’d ever see something like the Spanish Flu in this interconnected world. :thinking:

20 Likes

I’m sceptical that this is above board, somehow a Red/Swing state getting everything it wanted while Blue States are begging for scraps leads me to believe this was more political.

18 Likes

Must protect Mar-e-coli above all.

12 Likes

Is the tRump change of address involved?

6 Likes

Let’s NOT forget that It’s not just FL which the Covidiot-In-Chief played favorites with!

He also offered scarce testing kits to his BFFs in North Korea and Iran while Americans don’t have enough test kits to go around :rage:

And Trump’s ICE Deportation Team is requesting 45000 scarce N95 masks while medical personnel are told to go without!

23 Likes

Isn’t Mar a Lago in Florida?

8 Likes

WTF has happened to Bill Kristol?

5 Likes

Color me cynical, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find that swing states get preferential treatment in regards to the federal response.

8 Likes

This is one of the direct outcomes of Trump’s fundamental dishonesty and incompetence. Nobody knows who to believe, and the assumption is that anyone who has a positive relationship with Trump’s administration will get favored treatment.

This the exact opposite of presidential leadership being played out before our very eyes on a daily basis. This situation also massively undermines faith and confidence in our government and governing system.

13 Likes

Multiple, multiple leadership failures. I think he knows he has screwed up and it’s starting to come out as anger. God help us.

7 Likes

America first!!!

2 Likes

Swing states with republican governors. He’s not doing shit for the rest of us.

14 Likes

Oklahoma not getting enough would seem to disprove the theory that red states are getting preferential treatment, except that while it’s a deep red state, Florida is more purple-reddish, i.e. a swing state. So perhaps they figure they can rely on deep red states to vote GOP, but need to buy off swing states, and blue states, being out of reach this year, can kindly go fuck themselves.

16 Likes

Oh, I think that’s pretty obvious, especially blue states with open investigations into Shithead and family.

New York City asked for 2.2 million N95 masks from the stockpile and received only 78,000, according to Health Department spokesman Michael Lanza. All of them were marked as expired.

13 Likes

There’s a shitload of Trumpies both upstate and downstate, outside of Manhattan and the immediate areas around it. The virus doesn’t discriminate on political grounds. I guess he’s banking on them still supporting him even if their friends and relatives die, so strong is his Jim Jones-like grip on them. Or, he just doesn’t care, not really needing their support.

Btw, NY a key state with a large military and DHS presence, I bet there are massive stockpiles in-state, that can be tapped into one way or “another”, if you get my drift. Things have a way of getting “lost” during trying times.

4 Likes

Ok, DNC, Biden and down-ballot campaigns.

Here is your messaging!

Democrats, working for the people, not the corporations or a Trump bail-out!

15 Likes

The bill should be split into several, each focusing on a different aspect of this crisis, to make more urgent parts easier to pass. This Christmas Tree bill is going to collapse of its own weight.

2 Likes

No Trump properties in OK.

2 Likes

Mar a lago is there?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available