Who Is Cassidy Hutchinson? And Why Is She A Key Witness?

Cassidy Hutchinson, a former top aide to Donald Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows whose video-taped testimony has been repeatedly cited by the Jan. 6 Committee, is set to testify publicly Tuesday in a surprise committee hearing that was announced only the day before.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421810
2 Likes

frist

8 Likes

Someone is looking down a long life road of a ruined career and making some choices.

15 Likes

Is it too much to hope for a John Dean moment? Or is it Fitzmas again?

5 Likes

In the snippets of her videotaped testimony that has been shown in previous hearings, she appeared to be, by far, the most nervous and very credible.

I’m looking forward to her appearance this afternoon.

34 Likes

Exactly. Realized her resume does not look very good, and being a stay at home quiver full Mom was hard work so she needed job options.

1 Like

Donald Trump has never even met Cassidy Hutchinson. Highly doubts she was ever in the same room with him. If she was she was serving coffee, then made herself scarce.

13 Likes

Earlier this month, Hutchinson had changed lawyers, going from plugged-in Trump player Stefan Passantino to Jody Hunt, who previously worked as Jeff Sessions’ chief of staff when Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation while attorney general.

I think Sessions will be watching and in full schadenfreude mode.

21 Likes

Interned for Cruz, Scalise, worked for critter-meadows then CoS-meadows. That’s…quite the history.

21 Likes

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment. Having the opportunity to work in any WH right out of college is a big deal, so of course she took the job. She was a very low level staffer, not responsible at all for the things that were done in the Trump administration. She came forward to testify because, like most Americans, she thinks the truth matters. I’m sure there was immense pressure put on her to keep quiet, the fact that she didn’t is admirable. I suspect that she’s going to testify to things in the new documentary video, that confirm her earlier testimony, and that makes everything else more credible. Or, maybe it’s w twofer…new video evidence, plus her testimony live.

In any case, let’s not be judgmental assholes about the people on the Republican side…the ones that earn that (like her boss) deserve the scorn, but some powerless twenty-something doesn’t. Let’s be glad someone like her is willing to step away from the garbage they are spewing now…far too many of her seniors refuse to.

60 Likes

Doesn’t she know how loyal Trump is to his people?

6 Likes

Smug, condescending swill. How the F do YOU know?

He uses only the best knives in their backs.

She will be joined by others

6 Likes

Handcrafted in China

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to be judgmental. I merely meant that she’s a young person obviously interested in a career in government and she has apparently realized that she went to work for the wrong team. I don’t think it’s an insult to say that she realized that this could destroy her career and possibly land her in jail. Kudos to her for telling the truth and kudos to her for being smart enough to realize that loyalty to those who know no loyalty is a zero sum game.

ETA: in this case, it’s possibly a non-zero-sum game in which both she and Meadows end up losing. Either way, getting out from under it with the truth is her only viable option.

19 Likes

She might have picked up on the small issue that Republican higher ups leave lower downs out to hang; may have noticed they lack principles and character.

So, looking around the room and noticing she might be too small to save in their ecosystem said “no thank you” to taking a fall.

7 Likes

steviedee111 was just the medium

6 Likes

He’s a grade a lickspittle. He still sucks Trump’s taint.

@steviedee111, you forgot your /s tag. :rofl:

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available