White House Walks Back Declaration Of COVID Victory: ‘That Was Poorly Worded’ | Talking Points Memo

Trump’s oath of office, also too.

7 Likes

Chief of Staff to Kirstjen Nielsen. How many children did he cage or orphan?

12 Likes

The intent is to say Trump will be issuing an Executive Order withdrawing the United State from the rest of the planet and we are therefor no longer part of the Covid-19 pandemic. She also clarified that when Trump says the nation is “rounding the corner” on COVID-19 he is talking in mathematical terms of a corner as its radius approaches infinity.

5 Likes

Calling it his “last stand” was poorly worded as he was not standing at the time.

14 Likes

Personally?

So it wasn’t KAC. Figured she wasn’t the one. She was all in. Kelly either. Coward.

Amazing that no one ever found out, although this administration is too inept to figure anything out.

6 Likes

“I think that was poorly worded,” Farah said of the press release, which announced in very plain language the release a document touting victory over the coronavirus pandemic as one of Trump’s biggest accomplishments.

The intent was to say it is our goal to end the virus,” Farah added, in a complete reframing of the wildly false statement.

7 Likes

Yeah, I was in a celebratory mood, too, when I heard the pandemic had ended.

I guess it being the WH Science and Technology Office that put out the press release is what should have tipped us off. Even the WH and so-called president don’t believe in science … or technology, other than Twitter and Facebook. So, anything coming from such an office has to be suspect.

4 Likes

"We just forgot to include the word “goal.”

But … does having a vague “goal” to end a deadly pandemic that’s killed over a quarter of a million Americans in just 8 months really make it to the list of most people’s top achievements? I mean, shouldn’t you actually have to do something for it to be an achievement?

3 Likes

Back in the olden days when Fat Donnie could still play golf, the occasional drive would take a hard left off the tee and disappear into the rough on an adjacent hole. Faced with the undesirable realty of driving GCOne over to wherever the ball landed and racking up strokes playing it , He would say it was a mulligan and everyone on the staff that wanted to keep their job would agree he should get a free for nothing do over with no strokes counted.

And so the damn fool’s hole in one COVID victory claim has become just one more of his imaginary mulligans. And every one of the staffers that want to keep their jobs will agree.

5 Likes

It was poorly worded in that they used words to say it.

9 Likes

Yeah I think that’s just Barron in an office with a laptop.

12 Likes

“Poorly worded = lie”

4 Likes

Their ‘goal’ is herd immunity, but

I can’t look now, but I’m waiting for Reeves to walk this back.

7 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

To be fair, I make the same mistake, frequently.

4 Likes

Thousands swore it was – but they no longer exist.

2 Likes

You and me both.

2 Likes

That kid will go far, mark my words.

5 Likes

Far away from his putative father and the rest of the crime family if he’s smart.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available