White House Walks Back Declaration Of COVID Victory: ‘That Was Poorly Worded’ | Talking Points Memo

White House Communications Director Alyssa Farah said on Wednesday that the Science and Technology Policy Office had chosen its words poorly when it suggested in a news release on Tuesday that among President Donald Trump’s top achievements during his first term was “ending the COVID-19 pandemic.” 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1341040
1 Like

White House Walks Back Declaration Of COVID Victory: ‘That Was Poorly Worded’

In other news, General Custer is having second thoughts.

28 Likes

“poorly worded.”

Unlike Trump’s every tweet, speech, and impromptu rant – every one of them an exemplar of vocabulary, grammar, and classical erudition.

24 Likes

“I think that was poorly worded,” Farah said of the press release

“…you see, when we said ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ what we meant is ending the ‘pandemic’ phase. We’re now going to move on and go ahead with the ‘nationwide die-off’ phase.”

19 Likes

Ya think?

I will say it is surprising that they are admitting anything was wrong.

I can only imagine how donnie will attack whoever gave this admission of an error to the press.

12 Likes

Just one more hugely criminal lie from Trump and his lackeys in order to attempt to deceive the American People. The stench of corruption in the White House is overwhelming and will require extensive fumigation before President Biden and his family and staff can move in.

4 Likes

Back pedaling is the only cardio Trump does.

25 Likes

I just want him back peddling bad real estate deals to oligarchs …prior to a long jail sentence.

9 Likes

In other news, Satan is passing out ice skates…

9 Likes

Translation: “We are completely fucked.

16 Likes

Wait a minute, the guy with not one, but TWO Nobel prizes hasn’t cured Covid yet? Why the hell not?

9 Likes

Wasn’t there a ramp or something that gave him a pretty good work-out?

11 Likes

Aw, no problem, Alyssa. That’s why pencils have erasers! Things happened, mistakes were made, we said Trump had ended a pandemic that’s never fucking been worse, who among us is perfect?

21 Likes

Dow down 800 on Covid fears. Even Wall Street doesn’t believe Trump anymore…

7 Likes

Suddenly regretting licking everything and touching my face.

15 Likes

WH Spokesperson "We’ll have you know that the Noble Prize academy doesn’t have a Science and Technology category, so his coveted awards don’t reflect upon his efforts in the field of medicine."

10 Likes

And the blowback we got for this was intense!

14 Likes

The internal communications on this would be interesting to read. Too bad they won’t save any of them for the archives.

4 Likes

It all depends on how you define “victory.” Trump and his wife and son didn’t die = victory. That’s all that matters to him.

7 Likes

The Declaration of Victory has just rounded the curve.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available