White House Says Trump Isn’t Watching Public Impeachment Testimonies

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Wednesday that President Donald Trump is not watching the public hearing currently underway in the House impeachment investigation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261794

Too busy preparing his Erdogan suck up routine and how he might take focus away from the hearings for the all too patient and complicit news organizations.

1 Like

Sure, I believe that. President Mike TV turns off the TV. That’ll be the day…

5 Likes

How about televising what he’s doing, then?

Thought not.

6 Likes

LOL. Damn, they are desperate. No one, and I mean no one believes he isn’t glued to the TV spewing impotently and frothing out the pie hole. This is so sweet.

13 Likes

About as believable as Amelia Earhart about to land her plane in Los Angeles imminently.

5 Likes

Stable genius Trump doesn’t need to watch the testimony because he already knows that anything said is nothing but Fake News© told by Never-Trumpers who are blatantly corrupt and the entire hearing will be nullified by his Supreme Court because the WB was in cahoots with Shifty

2 Likes

Okay, took me a few moments to figure out what the “RTs” in the headline meant. How I hate the new fad of unnecessary acronym-speak. WTH, TPM?

4 Likes

“He’s in the Oval in meetings,” Grisham told CNN. “Not watching. He’s working.”

“After a working lunch, he’ll be going for an invigorating jog with Chris Christie and Sam Clovis before resuming his jam-packed schedule which will stretch well into the night,” she added.

10 Likes

Yeah, he is working hard in the Oval doing executive stuff- like tweeting 24 times just today, 17 times since 11 am on the hearings.

4 Likes

Trump should try reverse psychology. He should just say,

“I am mentally ill and not responsible for my actions.”

Everyone will believe him
And, since he is loved by all, everything will go away and Trump will be happy as can be

[Now THAT there is some mentally ill]

2 Likes

“He’s working.”
Not an untrue statement, in that trying to stay in office/out of prison is the hardest work he’s ever done.

2 Likes

“Me not look at meanies. Me good boy.”

4 Likes

Trump tweeted “NEVER TRUMPERS” several hours before the hearing began…

Better to be a NEVER TRUMPER than a FOREVER PUTINER.

2 Likes

“He’s in the Oval in meetings,” Grisham told CNN. “Not watching. He’s working.”

…on a cover up that’s really going to work this time.

I’m betting that one staff member always has to be posted at the window in cast the van painted with flowers and “Mystery Machine” pulls up in front.

2 Likes

Come on folks, Trump is working his fat ass off trying to get Erdogen to expand the Trump Tower development!

2 Likes

You are so right. Another photograph of him looking frowny holding a telephone receiver to his ear would really do the trick.

2 Likes

I quite agree.

1 Like

SSSHHHH - jeez, 4, I thought you knew better.

1 Like

He says NEVER TRUMPERS like it’s a bad thing.

1 Like