White House Ousted Atlanta U.S. Attorney For Not Pursuing Bogus Election Fraud Probe | Talking Points Memo

The top federal prosecutor in Atlanta was ousted from his role by the White House because he refused to investigate bogus allegations of election fraud pushed by President Trump in Georgia, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1353633
2 Likes

12rPajB

36 Likes

Let’s hope Bobby Christine is looking for a new job on Jan 21.

25 Likes

Veeeeeeery Interesting (in my best Arte Johnson voice). :thinking:

13 Likes

It’s easy to say from here, but IMHO the answer should have been “I won’t resign, you’re going to have to fire me”.

Appreciate the congrats on TPM coming full circle and getting all the way back to dubious US Attorney firings!

41 Likes

And stunned.

8 Likes

White House Ousted Atlanta U.S. Attorney For Not Pursuing Bogus Election Fraud Probe

This “revelation” surprises no one. In fact, given the timing of the removal, Satan’s Avatar was expected as root cause. When you open the silverware drawer in the kitchen, you are not at all surprised to see silverware. The “revelation” is as surprising as “object permanence” (Peek-a-boo!), since only the naive are surprised, while those with experience are not surprised at all.

16 Likes

But but but hey…we should just turn the other cheek and let this all slide cuz optics!!!

16 Likes

It was inevitable. Duh-level inevitable.
Also, this is what Republican Administrations do.

21 Likes

We’re going to need an investigation of all that Trump and his people have done.

16 Likes

I’m sure this will result in the inauguration of Trump eleven days from now.

Vindictive solely for the sake of being vindictive, but completely ineffectual.

11 Likes

Click through to see Trump’s attempts to get back on twitter:

33 Likes

Pak has exited with his reputation intact, not so sure about his replacement(s).

4 Likes

Hope all these fine folks Trump has tried to destroy are standing in line waiting to be called on to get even with Trump.
President Biden does not have to say a word.
Release the hounds.

10 Likes

U.S. Attorney of the Northern District of Georgia Byung Jin “BJay” Pak abruptly announced his departure Monday, as TPM first reported this week, after previously telling associates he would step down on January 20.

At the time, he cited “unforeseen circumstances.”

Pretty sure “My boss is planning an armed insurrection” counts as “unforeseen circumstances”.

55 Likes

I would have loved to have been there when he found out he had been removed.

1 Like

Again, Trump commits illegal acts and he does so unchecked! This shit has got to stop!

7 Likes

“Unforeseen circumstances” would have been if he had been scheduled to receive an award from a professional organization and had to cancel due to being diagnosed with COVID. This, on the other hand, was easily foreseen by anyone who had paid any attention at all during the last four years.
On the other hand, “unforeseen circumstances” might be the new “spend time with my family”.

5 Likes

45 Likes

I’m really surprised by this.

Really…

1 Like