White House Assures Nation Will Hear From Bunkered Trump ‘At The Right Moment’ | Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday brushed off concerns about President Donald Trump’s decision to change Thanksgiving plans amid whispers that he was hunkering down at home and refusing to accept the reality of his electoral loss, claiming the switch from his traditional retreat to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida was simply that “he’s hard at work.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345319
2 Likes

“The right moment” would be his arraignment and bond hearing.

82 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t need to hear from Bunker Boy. Thank God TV remotes have a mute button and a channel changer button.

29 Likes

In the meantime, we have “Downfall” parody videos.

31 Likes

I think I’ll pass

13 Likes

White House Assures Nation Will Hear From Bunkered Trump ‘At The Right Moment’

May it be his death rattle.

47 Likes

I don’t want to hear anything from the motherfucker except “I give up.”

74 Likes

Trump for years mocked the former Presidents for saying when troops would be withdrawn from a region. He is now doing this.

He also told the American people he would not golf as President because he will be to busy.

33 Likes

McEnany assured Fox News that the nation would hear from its president “at the right moment.”

After Steiner encircles the Soviets in a “pincer movement”?

43 Likes

I assume that will be once they’ve fully assembled the Jarvankdondoneric Voltron contraption. Resistance is futile…

10 Likes

“The president’s hard at work on COVID, among other issues, drawing down our number of troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, bringing our men and women home,”

46 Likes

Remand … he’s a flight risk.

Wow - all those hours of SVU are paying off.

24 Likes

“Nation Will Hear From Bunkered Trump At The Right Moment.”

Let me look that up in my calendar for you and tell you when that would be.

Never. How about never? Never works for me. Does never work well for you?

43 Likes

Dear Trump Staffers: Not necessary, really. We don’t need to see him. Don’t go out of your way to drag him out of his bunker. Let him wallow in his irrelevance.

33 Likes

No thank you.

Get lost.

18 Likes

Sorry sport, the “right moment” was when the election was called. Everything else is errant bullshit.

33 Likes

Well there Borg assimilation program didn’t go according to plan. It’s good to have a back up plan.

8 Likes

Hiding in the basement…
Where have I heard that before?

My theory on the cancelation of his turkey run to Mara Lago is because he fears that his family will try to stage an intervention. With all those people he trusts down there, he would feel too much pressure to admit defeat. Instead he will remain in the basement lashing out at the world.

26 Likes

I’ve got time on the twelfth of never, how about you?

17 Likes

I sure hope it’s not because of something linked to this tweet from a faculty member at the Naval War College:

32 Likes