Whistleblower Urges Trump To Coordinate With Biden On COVID: ‘Lives Are At Stake Here’

Rick Bright, a former top scientist at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department who sounded the alarm on the Trump administration’s politicization of COVID-19 treatment and who now serves as one of President-elect Joe Biden’s experts on the pandemic, called on the administration to stop disrupting the transition process on Tuesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345088

Lives are at stake here,” Bright said. “If we miss this opportunity to coordinate now, we could experience hiccups or delays that really we don’t need to see.”

I might have used a stronger word than “hiccups” – but other than that, I think Rick Bright is, as usual, correct.

13 Likes

What possesses him to think that simple common sense will get anywhere?

Obviously, he hasn’t been watching Senate Republicans today.

6 Likes

They don’t care lives are at stake. They never have. The only lives they care about are the ones attached to their own paper thin skin.

11 Likes

Who cares about mere lives when twitler’s ego is at stake???

16 Likes

Won’t someone think of the manchildren??

8 Likes

I will always believe Trump and most of the Republicans in Congress are enjoying their power over life and death.
It appears, to me, it makes them feel alive.

7 Likes

I wonder how long before it becomes obvious to the death cult that their lives mean nothing to him.

9 Likes

If the lives in question aren’t the ones he can see by preening in a mirror, they don’t matter. How many of his minions have gotten seriously ill or have died from the virus by attending his self-gratifying rallies? How many were left stranded when those extravaganzas were over and he left, without caring a whit whether these folks got safely home when it was quite cold outside and a long way from the remote parking and no buses were available?

He. Doesn’t. Care. And no one can make him.

15 Likes

They are dying for the glory of their leader. No one cares.

ETA: Of a hoax, by the way, that was supposed to disappear the day after the election.

11 Likes

I am very happy to see that Dr. Bright is in the new combat COVID-19 force again. Welcome back!

9 Likes

Good point. I think they should consistently go with “we could experience thousands of Americans dying who don’t have to.”

5 Likes

A lot of deaths could be prevented if the one motherfucker would drop dead.

15 Likes

Trump is currently far less concerned about COVID-19 then he is about either Eric or Tiffany’s birthdays. To say these urgings are falling on deaf ears is an extreme understatement.

2 Likes

Trump claims he doesn’t drink alcohol, so taking him at his word, a dubious notion, his behavior is that of a dry drunk. Why we have to coddle his grotesque, selfish behavior, especially given the office that he holds, is beyond ridiculous. Indeed lives are at stake and why Trump’s sick and twisted ego needs take priority over the interests of the American people is crazy. Trump needs an intervention, but his apologists are cowards.

4 Likes

Sadly, Q-tip might not be much better. He was willing to let AIDS patients die when he was governor of Indiana. I think he’s just as much an asshole as trump, but uses more measured speech.

9 Likes

Here in C̶a̶s̶a̶b̶l̶a̶n̶c̶a̶ America, human life is cheap.

2 Likes

I really despise that lying piece of shit but I think he’d let Biden’s team do what is necessary.

2 Likes

Much worse. Google malignant sociopath (or narcissist) and compare/contrast.

1 Like

This will only serve to make Don the Con delay things further…possibly forever.

Anyone here think that someone else’s life matters to him?

2 Likes