Where Does Pete Sessions Fit Into The Indictment Of Rudy’s Cronies? | Talking Points Memo

Former Rep. Pete Sessions’ (R-TX) hopes for returning to the House just got a little more complicated Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255048

Pete Sessions can always go to Mexico. It’s easy.

25 Likes

11 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving pol.

7 Likes

Yovanovitch’s testimony tomorrow is going to be something to see…I really hope she ignores the administration and testifies, or directly tells Congress that she needs a subpoena to work around the blockage so she’s legally protected. If she can pull it off, others will come out as well…there are plenty of people who know parts of what happened and are patriotic enough to testify, if they can figure out how to do it without being thrown in jail themselves.

The financing thread needs to be pulled…I find it unlikely that Sessions is the only Republican that received tainted money. Unraveling all of that is going to hit many people I’d guess, and it really needs to be exposed before 2020 so voters can take it into account.

33 Likes

“Sessions is also one of two congressman in the 2018 cycle to have received contributions from Fruman.”

I’m sure the usual suspects in corporate journalism will find a decades-old donation for $5 to some Dem candidate – who probably switched parties since then – to headline their coming “Bipartisan Scandal!” narrative.

31 Likes

While other outlets are talking about this current situation,faux is talking about the whistle blower.

7 Likes

Kevin MCarthy received money too.

32 Likes

How does Bill Barr fit in? Barr has been aware of the Furman/Parnas investigation since he came on board as AG.

32 Likes

LOL…OT-ish, but Faux News is so fucking discombobulated with the impeachment shit right now that the top 5 or 6 headlines on the web site are all about Matt Lauer and his penis. Matt-fucking-Lauer LOL

26 Likes

Bring 'em down, all the way down. The Republican party is now being exposed for the criminal enterprise they are. Things are getting juicy.:laughing:

15 Likes

Thanks for the warning, GOP.

18 Likes

Getting more creative in funneling foreign dark money here…as private lending transaction!

Note that Congressman-1 said there’s Congressman 2 & 3!

So we already have Individual-1…who will be Senator-1?

9 Likes

Hahahahahaha It boggles the mind how truly out of touch the criminal enterprise known as the GOP has become.

10 Likes

Well, I guess he’d know who’s been bought, since apparently he was too…

This is moving, fast…Republican candidates for gov & AG in NV, members of Congress, it’s looking like the taint from this is spread out and we should expect to hear about a lot more. Which makes me wonder what’s going on with the NRA investigation, and the hints that Russia passed money through them to Republicans…maybe we’ll get a lot more campaign finance violations in the next few weeks, which then fits with the attempt on Ukraine (which is technically a campaign finance violation). The Republicans suddenly look a lot more corrupt that yesterday, and that’s saying something…

29 Likes

Also out of time.

15 Likes

Bill Barr is operating under the Sekulow model, not the Giuliani model. There was no connection to Ukraine, thus nothing suspicious to investigate.

5 Likes

:partying_face::boom:

4 Likes

Given how many GOPers are corruptly implicated, they may want a quick impeachment so the rest of the allegations go away. An acquittal of Trump by the Senate doesn’t protect these crooks if Trump loses next year.

8 Likes

To be fair, they haven’t installed the moat and alligators yet. They may not have installed the razor wire and spikes, and the patrol guys probably didn’t shoot him in the leg.

10 Likes