What We Know About The Feds Very Busy Wednesday - TPM – Talking Points Memo

My antennae went up when it was announced on Nov. 11, a week after the election, that Trump was firing Sec of Defense Mark Esper and replacing him, and several other top Defense officials, with lickspittles like Christopher Miller. What on earth for, with only a month snd a few days left in office?

The only explanation that makes sense is that
Trump was already thinking of using the military in some way as part of his coup. Clearly Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, was worried about that.

This hasn’t received enough attention, although Josh just mentioned it:

“But here’s another point. It wasn’t only at DOJ. There was something very similar happening at the Pentagon. Those new appointees don’t seem to have played direct roles in the coup as it played, though I think that’s still an open question. But it sure seemed like they might at the time. At the end of the day coups almost always come down to control of the armed forces.”

Trump was prepared to marshal the entire power of the Federal government, including the armed services, in support of his effort to wreck the constitutional order and reverse the returns of an election he lost.

12 Likes

It’s starting to look like a vast right-wing conspiracy.

6 Likes

Run to Daddy
Jeffrey Clark Appears on Tucker Carlson After FBI Raid (mediaite.com)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Air bidet…it’s all the rage in France.

4 Likes

Thanks for those clips!

I would like the media and J6C to correct the record that there was NO D Fraud at all, but the Rs (at the very same time they were screaming about a stolen election and whipping up their morans to a vicious fever pitch) were engaged at that very same time in the largest election fraud in history…corrupting and co-opting whole parts of the federal govt. in a multi-pronged effort to disenfranchise 10s of millions of voters.

I am not trying to apportion blame, but there has been nothing more lopsided in my memory than how the Rs and Media portrayed this vs. reality.

ETA: I should note that was exactly the point Melber made in one of those clips, but it was just a sentence in passing “the same people who were screaming about election fraud, were actually engaged in election fraud” or something to that effect. To me, the message the Country needs to hear as November '22 approaches, there was no D fraud AT ALL, and your beloved R party committed more crimes in a short month or two than all election malfeasance in U.S. history combined. It wasn’t just Chump, the entire R apparatus willingly, eagerly joined in to break every law they encountered.

6 Likes

Daddy’s Money. Or Grandaddy’s.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been addressed before, but could we stop referring to them as “alternate” electors?
“Alternate” implies that they had some legitimacy, somehow.
How about calling them “sham” electors?

4 Likes

He learned it from Obama, I hear tell.

1 Like

O/T Virginias governor. He thinks he is a slick MFer

1 Like

It’s always been about projection. Screaming about what others weren’t doing while they were doing it.

A sign of mental illness and 1/3 of the country is all in on it.

2 Likes

In Trump’s case - yes - because he always has…

I heard Ron Johnson stumble over the pronunciation of “alternate” while he was garbling his response.

You are correct, lots of battles to fight but the RW wins nearly all of these soundbite battles. We now have 7/10 of the media-verse calling it FAKE electors scheme which is best, FRAUDULENT electors scheme which is not quite as good, and we cannot allow the RW to wrench this back to “ALTERNATE”.

Getting it to ILLEGAL FAKE ELECTOR CONSPIRACY is the ultimate. We can do it!

3 Likes

All of the willful idiotic intentional “cast my dead mother’s ballot” try to vote in 2 different states, phoney up a second or third identity to vote … lie about my residence were done by crackpot wack-job Trump nuts … imagining that they were Don Quixote striking a loyal blow for Trump… thinking that their passionate desire to have Trump win justified breaking the law…absolute fools thinking a vote here or there was worth committing a criminal act.

…and it seems that the one or two reported instances of “fraudlent voting” by a Democrat were errors or misunderstandings - with no intention to defraud … or voting administration mix ups.

3 Likes

Oh yes. People like this usually have little more than parking tix during their lives suddenly have Feds with search warrants going through their computers and underwear drawers. I would pee my pants, especially if I knew I was facing federal criminal charges. Time in a cell has got to be one helluva reality check for these dumb bastards who never imagined they would play the role of a fox in a fox hunt. ( I recall a jr high teaching warning me, “Don’t play the role of the Fool”.)
This is how the feds got the mafia chieftains – start from the bottom, get some to flip. Soon we’ll see a counterpart to Sammy the Bull. Let the schadenfreude begin.

4 Likes

Remember when oil prices spiked and gas prices went up over $5 nationwide at the end of the W administration? Me neither…

3 Likes

We need to reframe this. Alternate Pro Trump Elector? Try Fraudulent Pro Trump Elector. Alternate makes it sound legit.

2 Likes

ILLEGAL FAKE ELECTOR CONSPIRACY

Get as many negative terms crammed in there as possible, without making it too wordy.

2 Likes

The Shadow said, “Donald John Trump! Did you really think you were going to get away with it? Did you really think your shambling, crude Borscht-Belt comedy speeches would keep people from believing their own eyes?”

1 Like

Jeffrey Rosen stood firm. Good for him, but he was watching a crime being committed first hand in front of his nose, and he was head of DOJ, and did not start an investigation or do anything to actually stop the Coup. He just refused to be part of it!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available