What We Know About The Feds Very Busy Wednesday - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Wednesday was a big day for the DOJ’s Jan. 6 investigation.

Reports suggest that at least eleven different people involved in former President Trump’s effort to subvert the 2020 election were contacted in some form by federal law enforcement that day.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421248
2 Likes

Frist of all, we know Jeffrey B.S. Clark is scrrewwed! Acting Attorney General - is that like pretending to be Attorney General? Hard to find a bigger embarrassment than Matt Whittaker, who also was unfit for the job, and no doubt was Jeffy’s inspiration.

23 Likes

Glad to see Kelli Ward making the team as consequences begin to find their way even into Mohave County.

36 Likes

I hope all those planning parties were worth it. Those folks aren’t going to be popping many ring-tops from their Bud Lites for the next little stretch of time. Couldn’t happen to a better bunch.

6 Likes

Don’t call them alternate electors, they were fraudulent.

45 Likes

This may explain why sleazy scumbag Alito is all agitated today. Ginni is going to rat on him and his J6 crimes so that her Tommy can enjoy many more pubes-n-coke.

11 Likes

The article is pretty vague about what sort of “contact” was made with these folks. I’m hoping that there was a search warrant involved in the case of Kelli Ward and her husband. After all, for the feds it would be “two for the price of one.” And, as weird as “Chemtrail Kelli” is, you never know what they might find.

(NOTE to non-Arizonans: Kelli Ward was a trailblazer for investigating things when we have no reason to believe they are true. Her explanation for her “chemtrails” hearing was that she didn’t think they were a real thing, but some of her constituents did, so it was a good idea to hold a hearing on it and to be “open” to enacting legislation. Sounds kind of like the “Big Lie,” doesn’t it?)

17 Likes

OT: :joy:🥲:rofl::sweat_smile:

Excerpt

In a virtual press conference Thursday attended by fewer than 30 people—including the PR consultants hosting the event—former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani compared his son, who is hoping to be elected New York’s GOP candidate for governor next week, to Donald Trump, Teddy Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and…himself.

Giuliani, who appeared to encounter brief technical issues when logging onto the sparsely populated Zoom meeting, described Andrew, 36, as “tough as nails,” boasting that his boy had been endorsed by Trump cronies and convicted felon Mike Flynn and Steve Bannon, who was charged with felony fraud in 2021 but pardoned by Trump hours before the ex-president left office. However, Giuliani also said that Trump’s endorsement could potentially be detrimental to Andrew’s already slim chances, claiming that Trump has withheld his blessing out of his own benevolence.

20 Likes

Go gettum! Especially Kelli Ward.

6 Likes

I think this is more representative of Ghouliani Lite™ than a comparison to Teddy Rooselvelt.

9 Likes

Wait, people around here said DoJ was not doing anything and was going to let the entire Trump team slide…is it possible that DoJ is pursuing the investigation behind closed doors and not leaking what they are doing until they make a move to build the case? I’m shocked.

This is a very good thing, they are going after key individuals in the other half of the coup attempt…this is the political side, where it’s messier to determine who did what and what laws might have been broken. If they are getting subpoenas then they have real evidence something was done that broke some law, and that means indictment season will be coming for this next layer of the conspiracy to overthrow the government. Some of these people will flip, they will save their own skins instead of going to prison for Trump…in there somewhere just may be someone who can connect to the upper levels of what happened.

The odds of the conspirators being rolled up is increasing every day. Justice runs slowly, because it has to be careful to get things right, but the time is coming real soon when it starts taking these people to court.

29 Likes

Rudy never quits. Same with Trump. They will crime and grift for forever. Can you imagine if they focused that kind of dedication and perseverance on a good cause, like curing a horrible disease, or solving the homeless problem? They would be so revered.

11 Likes

FIFY

8 Likes

This is a scam, a like father-like son conspiracy-scheme to skim money from the dumb conservative donors to the election campaign. Rudy Flatula is a vile scumbag. He probably got $60K like Kimbelly Gargoyle did for that speech in the parking lot.

7 Likes

I’m a bit amused when I hear people say that if Trump submitted his own electors and/or started seizing voting machines in early January then that would be the end of our democracy. I agree these would be terrifying developments, but I’m also positive there was a volcano ready to erupt if Trump tried any of these things. No one (besides Ginni Thomas and Jim Jordan and other Trump sycophants) wants to live in a brutal fascist dictatorship and they will fight ferociously to stop it from happening. The folks testifying today deserve enormous credit, but let’s be clear: They were keeping the cork on the volcano. That’s what Trump really feared.

7 Likes

The DOJ and FBI will have many even busier days in the weeks and months to come.

(orders more popcorn)

18 Likes

Don’t forget the beverages. Oh and ice.

8 Likes

I’m making popcorn. Did these people really think they were going to get away with it?

11 Likes

When the confirmed AG resigns the temporary replacement is titled Acting AG. But Clark was Acting AG for only a few hours, if at all.

5 Likes

I’ve been using the term alternafraud.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available