What The Hell Kind Of Day Was That?

Hur had some power. He could use it to influence the next election in the way he wanted it to go…or not.
Yes, he abused the power he’d been handed.

Imagine the good that could be done if those in power wielded it appropriately.
All they really have to do is tell the truth.

I’m still waiting.

3 Likes

The Mueller Report made it clear - because of the DOJ’s rule against indicting a sitting President, a Special Counsel (under the DOJ) is not the appropriate mechanism for Presidential accountability. When you know that the best the SC can do is say “even if we think the President broke the law, we can’t indict them,” then such an investigation is meaningless.

Either the DOJ get rids of the rule or such investigations get done under a separate Special Prosecutor again.

3 Likes

oh, he learns it all by rote, so it doesn’t matter

1 Like

We have a BERlin in CT as well.

1 Like

Off their website. I don’t watch TV during the day

1 Like

This is truly depressing. Nearly a year ago you and I were discussing the flawed Durham report.

Yes, “how long are we going to put up with Democrats and Republicans playing by separate sets of rules and principles.” We can follow the rules AND be fierce at the same time. Just look at Jack Smith.

What I do not understand is why Garland appointed a shameless political GOP hack to “independently” investigate Biden. It reminds me of Obama reappointing Ken Star hack James Comey to be director of the FBI and investigate Hillary Clinton. Have Democrats learned nothing.

Argh! First Comey at FBI and now we have Chris Wray, the lawyer who hid Chris Christies’ phone and saved him from Bridgegate. Wray is a real threat.

4 Likes

Agreed, but unless Trome sleeps on Hogan, that seat is safe.

It’s especially so, if the Republican nominee is Flicker.

3 Likes

I am going to go for a walk to enjoy some fresh air, clear my head, try to stay positive and maybe even dance.

11 Likes

Mine was rhetorical, too.

And now I cannot tell who is making fun of whom!

It’s a (rhetorical!) Hall of Mirrors!!!

3 Likes

Would a write-in vote for a candidate for President who was only 30 years old be counted in the state’s vote totals? No, because they’re ineligible according to the Constitution.

If the state has denied a candidate being on the ballot according to its interpretation of the 14th Amendment, then I would assume those votes wouldn’t be counted either.

1 Like

And there isn’t a person on the planet who, when confronted with the actual amount of time some traumatic or momentous event occurred hasn’t responded with “has it really been X number of years ago that happen? It seems like yesterday”.

The Sturm und Drang over this Hur report and Biden’s “memory” and how this proves “Garland sucks so much I must jump out a window” would be laughable were it not so pathetic.

8 Likes

“Department of Redundancy Department” - Firesign Theatre

7 Likes

Hur is a republican. Nothing more need be said beyond what you did. Cruelty in the GOP is a feature, not a bug

7 Likes

Counter: if anyone wants partisanship to work for just them, the solution is simple: vote.

R’s seem to understand that and D’s are contented to arguing about the last “war” (like now).

5 Likes

I understand that. I’d like to see him forcibly rammed into a manhole and then beaten over his combover until he falls into the effluent and is carried away by the flow screaming “The hair! Not the hair!” But we don’t always get what we can imagine (thank God, I’d be arrested).

10 Likes

You can say that again!

3 Likes

I thought I read that a write in for trump on a Colorado ballot would not be counted. Can someone confirm or counter that?

1 Like

Agreed, but I don’t believe that is the SCOTUS argument. The argument is that, if one is constitutionally legal to run, they should be on the ballot. 14/3 puts some reservations on that.

But if TIFG is eliminated, say, from CO’s ballot, couldn’t his campaign mount a write-in vote that would allow the minions to vote for him? I think so.

You been micro-dosing again?

2 Likes

You forgot the Tucker/Putin drop. The day reminded me of Oct 7, 2016 when the intelligence agencies came out to warn about Russia interfering with the election, the pussy tape came out and the Podesta emails started to drop.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available