What New Revelations Will Emerge Before Feb Impeachment Trial | Talking Points Memo

Every time I see this “3 week delay” mentioned I keep thinking “to give him time for his meds to stabilize him”.

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to provide a direct quote. It was more like a historical reconstruction, and you know who gets to write history.

4 Likes

This is exactly what I’m expecting to happen.

9 Likes

That sounds like a special circle of hell… working under her in a McDonalds.

10 Likes

He was largely fact free but …yeah…

1 Like

Someone alert the Biden EPA.

5 Likes

Well, sure, because they wanted the Handmaid.

This is a situation when they do not want to be held on-the-record responsible…even if they want him gone.

Whole world of difference.

Besides, if we have learned nothing over the past years with McTurtle at the helm in the Senate, there are two sets of rules. One for them and one for us. Merrick Garland and Handmaid provide the most obvious example of the doublestandard.

14 Likes

Tune in tomorrow, same T**** time, same T**** channel.

2 Likes

Was it real or faux fur? PETA would like to know.

1 Like

Looks real to me.

1 Like

Yeah, but that was under T****, today is a new day, a new way.

1 Like

I agree that this delay will just allow space for even more revelations of Dump’s culpability to come to live. Immense pressure will be put on Republicans to dare side with this traitor and label themselves as traitors in the process.

6 Likes

What’s your take on where McConnell is with Hawley and Cruz? Has he broken with them also?

4 Likes

Convicting him would get him out of the way. The Rethugs would have two years to Fabreze away the stench and whip the rubes into line before the mid-terms. Two years these days is a long time and many Americans have short memories.

4 Likes

Or you get a cold and it forces you to abstain

1 Like

The very public hearings that will help create and form the sandwich matter too.

2 Likes

Bonus points if they croak

1 Like

Warnock has to defend his seat in 2022, which is not a sure thing. For one thing, he won’t be running against Loeffler.

6 Likes

One would think that the senate would be happy to get rid of Ted. hahahahahahaha

4 Likes

There’s no way the ones up for re-election in 2022 will vote to convict. But there are some ready to retire after this term, one or two genuinely horrified with Trumpf, and maybe some will abstain or fall ill with a cold. There might be a way to crawl to 2/3 of those present.

2 Likes