What A Time To Remind Voters What Happens When Abortion Is Left To The States

Just wait till the Sleazy Six on the corrupted court ban mifepristone and misoprostol and then they go further and ban abortion to save the life of the mother.

As Jolson said…You ain’t seen nothin’ yet…

5 Likes

Cults are very good at brain-washing.

5 Likes

Or worse, she could have died and left you motherless. They don’t think about the whole family even though they tout family values.

8 Likes

Don’t you know wives and mothers are replaceable? Doesn’t the orange one have kid(s) from every wife?

2 Likes

You come up with some scary stuff sometimes, you know that?    : - )

1 Like

Lindsey deserves every bad thing that comes his way. Former JAG officer who insisted ALWAYS on the rule of law and then broke every single one of them in obeisance to one Donald J. Trump will never have my sympathy.

7 Likes

So are kids, biblically speaking. If you’re a God-Fearing Man, the deity will just provide you with a new set to replace any of them that you lose. Sort of like and insurance policy. Says so right at the end the of the book of Job.

7 Likes

Why should Republicans in Arizona legislate at all, much less what the citizens want? Fixing this would be so much harder than just saying, “Well, that’s the law now.” /s

The Arizona legislature could easily meet tomorrow, and kill that law, saying it no longer applies. Freedom. That would set a new status quo. Let the status quo run, and see if everything is maybe okay with everyone now, or whether maybe people in the state prefer no OB Gyns.

Republicans really do not believe in "less government ". Trump’s Arizona believes government is the solution, that it just makes more and more and more laws to fix instances of human behavior not covered yet by other laws going back to Biblical time. (DISCLOSURE: Does not apply to corporations.)

To control lawlessness, they say. Doesn’t seem to be working very well, according to grim tv ads from Trump.

Repeal the law. Go less government, Republicans.

4 Likes

The GOP wanted this… Okay, some of them wanted this. I know the Arizona ruling is going to spark other states to pursue total bans. The Hold My Beer idiots will jump on this. Dems couldn’t have dreamed of a better opportunity to get Republican voters to compare the two parties.

4 Likes

Having read how Kari Lake is in full panic mode over the Arizonia abortion decision it would seem to me that a person who should also be in full panic mode is Josh Hawley who is facing the wrath of Missouri women.

Hawley and his wife Erin are among the most energetic Christian Nationalists seeking to deny abortion rights to women everywhere. I know the polling (most of which is months old) show him up on his Democratic opponent, but I recall the year my old senator and friend Claire McCaskil defeated the legitimate rape candidate. In that year I spent time at my local polling site supporting a democratic candidate. I was shocked by the number of younger women who showed up to vote against Todd Akin. I have a hunch those women will show up again, but in much greater numbers, this year. Missouri is much more than Springfield and the bootheal.

Please help Lucas Kunce run Josh Hawley out of the US Senate and ensure Missouri women have freedom over their own bodies.

19 Likes

There are many reasons I want to get rid of Hawley but, this reason works for me.

9 Likes

Cute. Very cute. But we’re short about six smileys. Sorry, it’s my anal side showing.

4 Likes

I was thinking about posting this too. Family dead, no biggie—new family on the way!

3 Likes

I remember reading an excellent article years ago (no idea where, but there have been several like this) that did an in-depth investigation into women who picketed in front of women’s health clinics. It was definitely known that among the picketers were women who had gotten abortions themselves. They would still return to the picket lines. Because you know, each of them was an exception. They really needed the abortion, but all those other women going into the clinics were sluts and heathens.

8 Likes

Politico 4/7 (Alice Miranda Olstein)

" The presumptive Republican nominee, who has pledged to make a statement on abortion this week, has said for months that if elected he would “come together with all groups” and “negotiate something” that would “make both sides happy,” suggesting that “15 weeks seems to be a number that people are agreeing at.”

“We’ll end up with peace on that issue for the first time in 52 years,” he said."

Yep. “Both sides” are happy now.

4 Likes

It’s a classic - “The Only Moral Abortion Is My Abortion.” Well worth reading with an eye toward the kind of brainwashing women get growing up in the Bible Belt (and otherwise extreme right-religious milieus), how deep the misogyny goes, and how intimately connected it is to issues around embodiment and agency. It’s easy to hate these women and call them hypocrites, but give some thought to what’s making them this crazy in the first place. And enjoy being moved and impressed by the way practitioners deal with them.

13 Likes

I trust that this episode puts paid to the notion that our supremely adulterated judicial “system” will save us from our own stupidity. Only we can do that. Or not.

3 Likes

thank you! That’s not the article I remember reading, but it looks like it’s probably where some of the story I read was sourced from. Thanks for sharing this, it’s excellent.

(and welcome to the comments arena!)

2 Likes

The t-shirt only had so much space. Anyway, the point is there.

3 Likes

Oh I agree. And I’m ashamed of myself (hence the ‘I’m sorry’).

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available