WH: Schiff’s ‘Price’ With Voters | Talking Points Memo

Last I read one rocket hit the dining room at the embassy but I had not seen anything about casualties yet and was waiting.

I knew there had to be.

4 Likes

Trump breaks things, and our troops pay the price. With a lot more than “headaches”, I hasten to add. In every way you can imagine, he’s just disgusting.

6 Likes

I just can’t handle the idea of people in hospital beds broken and in pain, doped up in a nightmarish haze, because he had to be a macho asshole. Just managing to live after that kind of injury doesn’t mean your life is no-problemo fine from then on. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

6 Likes

@mattinpa… a lotta things are on the fritz. Syria, Iraq, Kobe Bryant, Jerry Nadler’s wife has pancreatic cancer… a lot of very sad things. And then there’s the nascent trump dictatorship rearing its very ugly head. And the goober Senators think it’s just fine and dandy that trump gathers all power unto hisownself. Those Senators are enabling the betrayal and ruination of humankinds best chance at a decent life for themselves and their families. What the goober (read: republican) senators are about to do is make Amrrica a cult of personality dictatorship. The only saving grace is the guy is 73.

5 Likes

There’s no price to be paid by Rep. Adam Schiff. He’s been in the House for 19 years. He consistently wins with 70-78% of the vote. 2018 was his best finish ever. Trump’s tweet was an intended threat, but like most of his threats it was an empty one.

3 Likes

The concerning thing is a low information trumper who thinks ol donnie has given permission to do something horrible. More than once at rallies trump has offered to pay legal expences should a follower punch out a reporter. Trump has nakedly broken a law by issuing that threat at Mr Schiff. It is a felony to threaten anyone working for the federal government including members of the House and Senate. Trump’s tweet can only be interpreted as a threat. Empty or not, the law does not make that distinction.

3 Likes

We can accept as a matter of fact that Stephanie Grisham was too busy getting drunk and driving around DC to have actually looked it up, but Schiff’s CA28 is one of the bluest districts in the whole country. He won his last election 78%-21%. I am sure that he will not be paying a price with the voters for his stance on impeachment. If anything, his anti-tRump stance is likely to increase his esteem among his constituents and his vote percentage in the 2020 election.

2 Likes

At some point, and I wish sooner rather than later, trump’s misbehavior, crimes, threats, et ectera will blowup in his face and he will be forced to pay the piper with a sentencing. A reckoning. Not revenge, a reckoning for the many things he has done and thinks he has gotten away with.

3 Likes

Makes Guardians Of The Galaxy work.

jw1

1 Like

His threat was a real one, and has nothing to do with Schiff’s reelection. Trump likes to make mob guy threats, calling out to his faithful, then sidestepping responsibility by saying he’d been misunderstood or that he was being sarcastic. Remember his call for 2nd Amendment solutions in 2016.

2 Likes

You might want to check out SNL’s Cold Open last night - great minds think alike?

1 Like

Oh, so here we go with the claims that Schiff has mental issues…the character assassination is just no surprise anymore.

1 Like

He’s obsessed with this President and trying to take him down.”

Of course he’s trying to take him down! Wake up sister. That’s what this is about! SMDH

Yep, when you need 15 followup Tweets to explain…

1 Like

Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest !”

1 Like

Who knew that all it would take to one up SHS would be a quick trip to their local drunk tank.

2 Likes

Maybe he just wants her out …like Ambassador Yovanovich and/ or Gen. Suleimani?

That was quite excellent. I haven’t seen Lovitz in quite a while. Good to see he is still in form.

1 Like

Shorter: How dare they hear what he said!

I’m aware of the potential threat from MAGAts. I was posting in terms of his paying a price at the polls. However, I appreciate you pointing out that there is a collateral effect of Trump’s tweets and he’s fully aware of that.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available