WH Says Berman Was Canned Because His Replacement Wants To Live In NYC

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany claimed on Monday that now-former U.S. Attorney of the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman was removed because his replacement, current Security and Exchange Commission chair Jay Clayton, wanted to live in the Big Apple.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1316313

Easy hire for Trump Inc.

19 Likes

I want to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Please fire the current occupant so that I can do so, thanks!

54 Likes

Keep on explaining, eventually you still won’t get it right.

28 Likes

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany claimed on Monday that now-former U.S. Attorney of the Southern District of New York Geoffrey Berman was removed because his replacement, current Security and Exchange Commission chair Jay Clayton, wanted to live in the Big Apple.

“Mr. Clayton wanted to go back to New York City. We wanted to keep him in government and therefore he was given the position at SDNY,” McEnany told reporters during a White House press briefing.

And…Kayleigh McEnany actually thinks that this reason for Berman being fired is hunky-dory?

37 Likes

Nonsense + Delusion + Lies = Bull Shit!

12 Likes

Can’t the two Senators from NY give a thumbs down on this nomination? No way McConnell violates that this close to an election where his party may lose the Senate.

10 Likes

That excuse is so stupid it’s insulting.

Besides, Kayleigh, Clayton isn’t going to be Berman’s replacement. Even Moscow Mitch doesn’t want to touch this shit pile.

34 Likes

Supposedly Schumer has already “Blue Carded” Clayton and Lindsey Graham has stated he won’t get in the way.

20 Likes

So this is how it works now? Remove an infinitely more qualified USAG because someone with zero experience or qualification for the job wants to live in his city?

I got news for this scum covered pieces of shit - plenty of people live in NJ and work in NYC and plenty of others live in NYC and work in NJ.

I call bullshit. Next excuse?

29 Likes

Someone posted a pic of Baghdad Bob earlier today and really that’s where we are. They can all take up permanent residence in hell and in the words of Clarence Day Sr. I hope they sizzle there.

15 Likes

Complete bullshit. Berman was assigned to his role at SDNY by the courts, until such time that a Senate-confirmed permanent US Attorney is installed in that post. He cannot be removed on a whim, and Barr had no authority to remove him.

13 Likes

So he wants to relocate for a job that will probably be gone early next year?

I guess at least this way, he gets the government to pay for his move.

22 Likes

We’re in Jake Blues territory.

6 Likes

That’s…somehow a worse explanation than “po-faced cover-up of corruption.”

9 Likes

Thinks?

3 Likes

I think I spot the flaw right there.

15 Likes

The Maxwell Smart strategy: Would you believe…

14 Likes

The Mad Hatter tea party that never ends.

6 Likes

That’s the best they can do?

Impeach Barr.

7 Likes