WH Denies Trump Is Ignoring Barr | Talking Points Memo

White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley insisted that President Trump isn’t ignoring Attorney General Bill Barr’s request that he stop tweeting about criminal cases, during an interview Wednesday on Fox News.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1291991

14 Likes

So he has the right to “defend himself.” He also has the right to defenestrate himself. That doesn’t mean he has to, now does it?

5 Likes

Reality TV isn’t real.

4 Likes

tl;dr

I’m ignoring Trump noise today.

3 Likes

Kabuki Kool

3 Likes

“Listen, everyone in this country has the First Amendment right to say what they want to say to defend themselves.”

At that point the interviewer pressed Gidley as to how a Trump tweet alleging DOJ mistreatment of Roger Stone constitutes a 1st Amendment attempt by Mr. Trump to defend himself.

Oh, wait, the interviewer didn’t think of that. Nevermind.

10 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: Up is Down, and North is South.

2 Likes

“When asked about reports that Barr is considering resigning over his tweets, Gidley said that Trump has made clear that he has “a good working relationship” with Barr, adding that the attorney general has been “doing an incredible job.””

So, it looks like he may be leaving after all!

12 Likes

Who’s his replacement? Dershowitz, Sekulow?

4 Likes

Can’t Jared handle it? He still seems to have some free time on his hands…

15 Likes

In terms of providing what Trump needs right now (negation of the Rule of Law in the United States) I would say that Trump has never found a more useful operative.

Ever.

The only weak point in their relationship is public perception of who is actually calling the shots? Who’s the winner? Who’s the Alpha? Who’s the Dominant Personality? Who’s the real boss? Who’s the smartest? Who’s the toughest? Who does every American love? Who’s like a god? Who can do it ALL? Who’s the…

12 Likes

BARR, like TRump, is a MAN of the highesT integrity.

8 Likes

By “ignoring,” do we mean fully involved in the BIG LIE that Barr has a problem with Trump’s tweets?

Hogan Gidley. I just can’t say it without using a funny voice. Wait, I’m going to try to say it straight.

Hogan Gidley.

Nope.

13 Likes

I think Ken Starr has been auditioning as well.

4 Likes

[Barr] has been “doing an incredible job.”

As in a job that is not credible.

"Listen, everyone in this country has the First Amendment right to say what they want to say to defend themselves.”

And Trump has the First Amendment right to say things that incriminate him secure in his knowledge that he will not be questioned by let alone suffer any consequences from his sycophantic enablers in the GOP.

9 Likes

OT. Fox News Regular and ethanol enthusiast, Steph Grisham comments on Assange lawyer’s claim.

Oh, it’s so true; it happened!

ETA

14 Likes

Solid as a Rock :laughing:

1 Like

It sounds better if you say “Gidley Hogan” while being on a train going backwards at 60 MPH.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available