WH Denies Trump Downplayed COVID-19 Despite Audio Proving He Did

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday vehemently defended President Trump just hours after reports on journalist Bob Woodward’s forthcoming book “Rage” recounted Trump admission that he downplayed the risk of COVID-19 publicly.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1331124
1 Like

Believe what I said I didn’t say. Not what I actually said with various documented proof.

Lawdy, what an ape…

24 Likes

Elect a clown, you get a circus.

May be the vilest clowns ever and the unfunniest circus ever — but they are still gonna put ontheir suspension-of-reality act, every damned day.

ETA: I hope one day McInsanity’s kid lies to her as outrageously as she lies to us.

26 Likes

I hope she doesn’t breed. That’s one strain of genetic code that’s a totally lost cause.

16 Likes

Too late, apparently she’s procreated. Poor kid.

10 Likes

There is a VAST difference in expressing calm and in dismissing the threat as not really all that big a deal.

“This virus has the potential to be very dangerous, but we are marshaling our resources and I have great confidence in their ability to mitigate the damage.” Expresses calm.

“Really, this is no worse than a seasonal flu and will very likely just disappear in the not too distant future.” This is downplaying the threat and flat out lying about the likely outcome.

Sheesh

27 Likes

Time for her to go. She can’t just make up s**t on the fly, no matter how practiced she is because of her position. No credibility. Call her on it and say, “next”.

6 Likes

McEnany denied that the President misled Americans about the pandemic

“I know Trump didn’t say that because I was there!”

3 Likes

McEnany insisted that the President “has never lied to the American public on COVID”

“What is truth?”
–P. Pilate

6 Likes

She is likely paid by the lie. She is having a good financial season and is getting ready for her corporate work in the think-tank/not-for-profit sector, perhaps the neo-NRA group that rises from the ashes of the NRA.

5 Likes

Here is this “press” secretary.

She knows the reporters can’t fire her.

Full Stop

6 Likes

Drink the Kool Aid and stay calm.

4 Likes

All of this could be said about Mrs. Stephen Miller. (except I’m not sure if she has delivered yet)

3 Likes

There’s also a difference between expressing calm while you are quietly marshaling all the forces of the Federal government to address the threat, and expressing calm while you’re doing sod all about it, with no plans whatsoever.

19 Likes

Which I’m guessing was not a problem in your collegiate days.

3 Likes

Meh, even Hitler found a girlfriend.

And sweetly married her in a nice little ceremony before they killed themselves.

6 Likes

It would be different if he had worked on keeping people calm and also worked on protecting them. He just lied. That’s all. It’s even worse when you realize that all he had to do was give an order (“Make sure we’re prepared for this”) and get out of the way. Instead, he actively impeded the process of protecting Americans.
And, BTW, Kayleigh, Fox is playing/played the tapes:

Fox News is playing the tapes pic.twitter.com/rE0hHqyxzI

— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn) September 9, 2020
17 Likes

I never had those collegiate days, sadly. Entered the Service at 17 and never looked back. Eventually did the evening-class bit while working to get a degree.

Since my scene ended up being the bars and discotheques of Europe, somehow I’ve never missed not knowing the frat scene.

6 Likes

Wow. Traitors.

7 Likes

But, but Kayleigh PROMISED she’d never lie to us.

4 Likes