WH Denies Oppo Research Against Fauci | Talking Points Memo

Cool! Comets are very interesting.

1 Like

Well, it was neck and neck with Bob Eubanks, but the better game show host won that match.

1 Like

Sure are. Check out skyandtelescope.org and you’ll be all set.

Look roughly midway between the moon and big dipper in the northwest sky. Biloculars may help. It will be closest to Earth on July 23rd. I googled “neowise” and found an article on Forbes.com that had a crude map of that part of the sky. Sadly Tucson’ sky is broken clouds right now cuz it is monsoon season here

1 Like

Here in Penn’s Woods we have a lot of trees blocking the view and they rarely blow away, although it does happen. Gonna go on top of the local parking garage and see how that goes. It’ll be around for a while, so no worries.

1 Like

I’m just surprised the new CDC director Scott Baio hasn’t weighed in.

2 Likes

You cannot believe one fucking word that comes out of this bitches mouth. Period, end of story. She is a bold face liar just like her boss.

Meanwhile, Yertle is going to hold the needy jobless hostage, so he can protect businesses (and Trump) from being sued for COVID-45 cases resulting from the total absence of a national TrumpPandemic plan.

1 Like

Maggie Haberman

By Maggie Haberman

• July 12, 2020

Fatso is no Harry S. Truman

1 Like
1 Like

The anonymous accusations against Dr. Fauci were “enormously sad and totally inappropriate,” said Dr. Margaret Hamburg, a former special assistant to Dr. Fauci who served as commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration under President Barack Obama. “Never have we needed his expertise and focus more than right now. Why would we both undermine him and his ability to do his important work?”

Dr. Fauci is also a public figure unlike any other health official in the federal government, well known for his decades organizing its responses to diseases like AIDS and Ebola. In his office in Building 31 on the campus of the N.I.H., he keeps a wall of photographs of himself with celebrities and presidents.

Disagree

He might not sack Fauci before the election (that’d be crazy), post election (especially if he wins) is another story.

A million years ago when Lillian was pretty old I went to a talk she was giving, with an assistant by her side. We in the audience were allowed to ask a few questions, and I don’t remember the specific question, but she couldn’t immediately summon the answer. She turned to her assistant and said sotto voce “what was the name of that colored girl?”

She gets credit for being out in front of liberal issues because of the film Julia, IMO, but it was her friend Dorothy Parker who really was the shining and generous beacon for liberal causes who left her estate to the NAACP.

“I don’t know anything about that. You have to ask (insert name from Cohen to Barr and more)”.

It was Fauci who explained the AIDS epidemic to Reagan who up to that point hadn’t even used the word.

1 Like

Hyperbole. Because he’s a scientist and a WH advisor of long standing, Fauci wants to advise about the pandemic. trumPP knows he needs a science guy around to make him look like he gives a damn.

Their current ‘plan’ and Fauci’s guidance are two different things.

Their plan is, we can live with the dying.

Fauci’s guidance is, we can come back from this.

Both can’t exist, not in this environment.

He’s not tall enough either!

Do you remember the scandal when the woman whose story she had appropriated forJulia wrote a book about it? IIRC, she sued, but then Hellman died and the it was dropped.
That film came out when I was in high school, and I loved it. Was sadly disillusioned to find out she’d stolen the story.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available