WH Coronavirus Task Force Briefing | Talking Points Memo

Actually, the Garff name is pretty well known in UT (due to the car dealerships), so this may kick that state into gear some. Though, UT should already have been inspired with the Jazz players that caught it, their best player had it. From the people I know up there, it’s still pretty lackadaisical though…and my dad is in the middle of it just living his normal life instead of listening to me when I’m telling him to shelter in place…

5 Likes

What about Easter?
Bunny went back underground
6 more weeks of winter… wait, what?

4 Likes

SAME.

1 Like

I still have some Angel’s Envy and some Four Roses Single Barrel. And bit of Rye. No time like the present…

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think we’re facing a very rough next two weeks. If people aren’t taking it to seriously yet, they will very soon. Hopefully before it’s too late.

Just now, the death of a CBS executive and a Wall Street executive came across my news feed.

2 Likes

So…not all bad, then.

One thing I do find interesting is how this seems to be affecting the 1% as badly as it’s affecting the 99%. I wonder the last time a disaster was so…well distributed. Particularly in the good ol’ USA.

1 Like

Jared may have told him to not over react - and that we need to keep businesses open.

2 Likes

I forget to mention other early damning statements he put out.

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

And this

"We have a group of people. I could ask — perhaps in my administration — but I could perhaps ask Tony about that because I don’t know anything about it.” Trump said. “You say we did that. I don’t know anything about it.”

3 Likes

Ah, of course, Jared. Correction then. There was probably one stupid person who thought “riding it out” was feasible. Same guy who thought firing Comey was not going to be a problem.

2 Likes

Twice donnie said he did not take responsibility at all. That is plainly saying he refuses to do his job.

4 Likes

The buck stops, stops, stops…uh over there somewhere.

Very preliminary, possibly positive news about how an early response in WA might be slowing down infections. This could all be undone by lifting protocols too early or re-infection from travelers, but at least it’s one hopeful sign:

5 Likes

Has Jared Kushner ever stood at a podium and answered questions about anything? I can’t recall.

1 Like

Until there’s a vaccine I imagine this is more likely than not???

He’s toned it down a little probably on the advice of smarter people who hang around him. But I don’t like it one bit that media is once again handing him the bully pulpit again for free just as they did during his campaign. We saw and heard a lot of him, and far less than HRC.

Yeah, re-infection from out-of-state travelers is a major risk even if it’s locally contained. It’s why China is closing its borders, after getting it more or less under control within China. This is all about buying time, slowing it down until there is a vaccine.

6 Likes

I think the only way to modify Trump’s behavior is to convince him that the change will improve his re-election chances.
There is no other criterion with him.

1 Like

As someone who barely got by in high school biology, I salute you. (I bet I would have paid more attention had you been the teacher.)

Three items (two related to litigation)

(1) We MUST NOT let Trump get away with the Mini-Trump Rally every day. Methinks that the increase in cases will make it that much harder to “romanticize” and spin the transformation of Trump the bungler/murderer to Trump the savior. But Trump is killing people, plain and simple.

(2) I hope litigation occurs with Liberty University

(3) I hope dearly that litigation occurs with FOX News

1 Like

I imagine if the plaintiff has a credible case, Liberty will settle immediately with cash and a confidential agreement.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available