WH Coronavirus Task Force Briefing | Talking Points Memo

President Trump and members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force are scheduled to hold a press conference on Sunday at 5 p.m. ET. Trump is likely to address why he backed away from his idea to quarantine the New York tri-state area to contain its surge of coronavirus cases.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300342

Please. Somebody. Throw a pie.

22 Likes

Or even a shoe…

25 Likes

Or even a rock…

11 Likes

Shoes do have a lot of germs on them.

8 Likes

Please just don’t. My stocks have suffered enough.

5 Likes

Finally…he’s bragging on his presser ratings . I knew it was only time. Sigh.

19 Likes

He is counting on his minions, yes.

But he is also counting on those who are not his minions to jettison human decency.

So that they can applaud a needless (by Trump’s own negligence) viral epidemic as a TV show. A show made more exciting by real deaths.

If the WH Press corps does not question this, they have also jettisoned human decency

6 Likes

Or. Even. Up?

2 Likes

Wait for him to start bragging about how we’ve had the best number of deaths in the world, nobody beats America!

11 Likes

It really wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

4 Likes

And of course Republican governors are underreporting their numbers. Michigan is the same size as Georgia, Texas of course is huge - so far they have 2300 cases, which makes them the lowest in the world considering their population.

Summary by Governor Democrat Republican
Cases 97,645 25,370
deaths 1,815 398
Pop. 174.9M 152.6M
Case/100k 55.82 16.63
Deaths/100k 1.04 0.26
7 Likes

How late will he be today?

3 Likes

Texas has only 2300 cases??? We all know there are way more than that. WA state ha 4310 and population wise much smaller.

8 Likes

Problem is, the WH Press Corps is facing the Fauci Dilemma. Confront Trump and they lose their platform. Don’t confront Trump and they become useless toadies.

12 Likes

Hopefully, this will be discussed

10 Likes

Real asshole, fake president.

8 Likes

What that low number does actually works against the Red States, because it leads to more carelessness, which leads to more cases and deaths.

If I was in a state with 5,000 actual cases and saw that the “number” was 2,000, then I would certainly behave differently.

12 Likes

That’s the point; that’s all they are reporting right now. This is a more detailed chart from DailyKos.

17 Likes

He’s going to brag about the “airlift” of supplies from China, just watch.

A reporter needs to ask why we’re doing that, instead of him USING THE FRIGGIN’ DPA to Federalize production of ppe and ventilators here in the USA.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available