WH Confirms Pence Aide Tested Positive For COVID-19, Claims Admin Is Working ‘Safely’

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Friday confirmed reports that one of Vice President Mike Pence’s staffers tested positive for COVID-19.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1308192

If you’re just now starting to follow the recommended guidelines because two staffers tested positive, you’re by definition not repeat not “continuing to operate safely,” you spokesliar.

64 Likes

Open that place for business…let Trump lead the way!

13 Likes

How many more by Monday

25 Likes

Rx

1 pt. Lysol bid.
1 uv-c emitting “VirionBeGone” suppository bid

Take two hyroxychloroquine tablets and go to bed.

Signed,

Dr. Ralph Von Holst, Doctor of High Frequency UV Medicine.

49 Likes

No mention of isolating or quarantining those people who they were in contact with in that communication…what exactly ARE they doing in the White House? Any masks? Separation? I wonder how many more are going to show up positive. Even the daily testing being boasted about doesn’t prevent a person from getting infected.

23 Likes

The GOP really is a ‘dying’ breed!

Keep it up, GOPers! Then say a big ‘Hello!’ to President Nancy Pelosi.

Or, think of this as '‘Evolution In Action’, the newest Pixar movie to hit the big screen.

14 Likes

This. Exactly. And when you wait for people to test positive, you guarantee that they’re passing it around the office for the couple of days prior…

Interesting experiment they’ve got going on there in how not to respond to this.

45 Likes

Never mind that:

This is no longer a hoax when both Trump and Pence have staffers that have tested positive. Why are they reacting to this if it’s a hoax and something to be entirely disregarded?

Maybe it’s not, huh?

29 Likes

Hopefully they are responding about as well as they responded when us nobodies started getting sick. That ought to assure that COVID will have one hell of a party in the White House.

I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope

34 Likes

#TrumpWatch™… 72 hours since known exposure number one, 24 hours since possible exposure number two.

#PenceWatch™… 0 hours since known exposure number one.

20 Likes

Doctor, wouldn’t you concur that anyone in this administration would prefer the light source be a traditional incandescent A19 E26 light bulb? We’ll have to be mindful of the risk of breakage and burns, but mindful also of the patient’s strong convictions.

23 Likes

We are now starting to put in place… Tell me, just how stupid is this administration? Couple months late to the charge.

26 Likes

“WH Confirms Pence Aide Tested Positive For Covid-19”

Push ‘em up, push ‘em, push ‘em up

6 Likes

You’ve got to give them some slack: logic and common sense are not the strongest sides of this bunch, they might we’ll believe that they “continue” to operate safely, they might well believe that they do it “safely”, they might even believe that whatever they do is called “operate”.

13 Likes

Hoping Mike the 'Hoosier" is sent on a ribbon cutting ceremony at the reopening of a few meat processing plants soon and/ or continues to deliver more empty boxes to nursing ‘homes’ without wearing gloves or a masque.

9 Likes

Soitenly! Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk.

17 Likes

Well, call me old-fashioned but it was traditional until now among press secretaries to try to say things in a way that was at least half-plausible. Statements that are self-contradictory don’t really meet that standard.

20 Likes

I see press secretary McEnany continues to break her initial promise to “never lie to you.”

Also, has she started wearing the same color foundation as her boss?

11 Likes

Now this may be a little uncomfortable…

6 Likes