WH Claims That Trump Will Only Watch Nunes’ Opening Statement

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham claimed Friday morning that President Donald Trump would tune out of former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch’s hearing after Intel Ranking Member Devin Nunes’ (R-CA) conspiracy theory-laden opening statement.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262444
1 Like

He’s too busy having Dotard Jr. read his book to him…

6 Likes

Scandals always have euphemisms that enter our vernacular. Watergate had “explicative deleted” and we will have "working hard for the American people,” which is an euphemism for “eating Big Macs and screaming at the television.”

3 Likes

Dems responses: facts, facts, facts.
Repubs responses: DISTRACT! GO OFF TOPIC! YELL! MOOOOO!

6 Likes

Dagger? I’d have used a Hammer and Sickle…

1 Like

If this was only a reality tv show where he controls everything, Donnie wouldn’t be in over his head.

His Nunes stunts are not going to give him a media win. I expect him to rage tweet until his head explodes. I cannot figure out why that hasn’t happened already.

1 Like

Get your barf buckets ready for Nunes’ interrogation and slander.

4 Likes

“The President will be watching Congressman Nunes’ opening statement,

Confirmation bias in spades.

but the rest of the day he will be working hard for the American people.”

Playing golf, or skipping out to Louisiana to shill for Eddie Rispone?

4 Likes

pierce%20on%20nunes%20cow%20cults

12 Likes

I’m okay with Trump not watching things. It means he can make statements that directly contradict all the public testimony and make all of his defenders look even more stupid than they already do. I call it a win.

6 Likes

How far down the rabbit hole must we be pulled. And now tweets attacking ambassador Yovanovitch while she is testifying!

5 Likes

The coefficient of thermal expansion of the concrete that fills his cranial cavity is not high enough to cause a catastrophic explosion.

5 Likes

Having her respond to Trump’s brain dead tweets in real time was a stroke of genius.

11 Likes

I actually thought the fictional cow was making that opening statement. On the other hand, that’s an insult to cows everywhere.

1 Like

It must be that Trump doesn’t trust moron Nunes and wants to make sure he does things exactly as he told him. Otherwise I see no point on bothering with that and skipping everything else.

2 Likes

It was the south end of a north bound cow talking.

4 Likes

Nunes always appears as though he is in the midst of a hemorrhoidal incident.

4 Likes

FIFY.

4 Likes

Add another count of witness tampering, a high crime in itself for me.

6 Likes

After listening to Nunes’s nauseating opening statement this morning it dawns on me that the Trumplicans have to live in that fictional alternate universe or their entire worldview craters on the true reality of their leaders criminality. Trump has trashed virtually every “conservative value” the GOP has nominally been touting since the beginning of the 20th century - Promoting Democracy, Free Trade, Equal Opportunity, Strong Foreign Alliances, Adherence to the Constitution and the Rule of Law, Strong Moral Values, Legislative Traditions, Loyalty to our Nation…

All gone for good, now the best they can do is push their criminal Leader’s minion to lie to the American people, reciting an entirely fictional narrative, in what amounts to little better then aiding and abetting treason and bribery.
RIP GOP, this is your new Republican Party, Felons for 2020

6 Likes