Weeks After Capitol Raid, Paul Claims It’s Democrats Who Incite Violence

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) took to the Senate floor Tuesday afternoon arguing that impeaching former President Donald Trump is unconstitutional and merely a “partisan vendetta” spearheaded by “angry, unhinged” Democrats. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1356807

" Paul Reaches New Heights Of False Equivalency By Claiming Dems Actually Incite Violence"

Which, it should be pointed out in every article you write henceforth about these twits, is in and of itself another way for Rand Paul to incite far right extremist violence.

31 Likes

“No Republican has sought to use the government to hold these Democrats responsible for Antifa and Black Lives Matter violence that has consumed our cities all summer,” Paul said. “Not one Republican said ‘let’s impeach the Democrats who are inciting this’ because it would be ridiculous.”

Yeah! Let’s roll the tape on that well-known time Biden went to a BLM protest and said, “Let’s go have ourselves a riot!”

36 Likes

Paul has indicated to reporters that he expects more than a third of the Senate to vote that the trial is unconstitutional.

Pssst…hey dickhead, 1/3 is not a majority

17 Likes

"Paul posited that Trump should not be impeached for inciting the Capitol mob because Democrats have supposedly exhibited similar behavior. "

Context and fact are never an inclusion are they for Rand? As far as that goes, Rand only understands context as a message from a felon. I guess Capital Lives Matter! Particularly the Republican ones that work there.

6 Likes

There are No Fake “Opthamologists” So Blind As Those Who Can Nazi.

48 Likes

" No longer in office" didn’t stop Paul from trying to hang HRC. The entire GOP set upon her and stayed on her until ONE day after the election at which point…they were done.

These are the guys that thought a lie, a single lie, about personal sex life merited pitching a popular president.

20 Likes

“It is like opening up a wound and throwing salt in it.”

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

10 Likes

All day people get change from the cashier at the local gas station – and then, one day, I ask the cashier for all the money in the register – and people are all “Rand Paul robbed the gas station!”

Talk about your double standards!

19 Likes

The President in charge of our national defense lost the Capital for the first time since the war of 1812. I would argue that level of incompetence could be impeachable by itself. The fact the capital was lost to the President’s supporters for the purpose of disrupting the election is so clear there should just be an admission of guilt rather than a trial.

12 Likes

I do wish his neighbor had finished the job.

27 Likes

Well…if sedition and inciting a riot leading to the deaths of innocent Americans is not a crime…that " rule of law " thing is going to prove mighty dicey going forward…

13 Likes

“We can’t erase those 30 or so votes by adhering to the basic democratic principle of ‘the majority rules.’”

3 Likes
22 Likes

Rand Paul will be running again in 2022. He has started his reelection campaign. He’s getting free publicity by saying ridiculous things. It can only help him in Kentucky.

12 Likes

Digging that hole they are in deeper and deeper. We appreciate their effort to insure the country is 65/35 against them.

7 Likes

The Otter defense.

2 Likes

Though Straka claimed he didn’t witness any violence or vandalism, authorities uncovered tweets in which he appeared to encourage those who stormed the Capitol.

“I’m completely confused. For 6-8 weeks everybody on the right has been saying ‘1776!’ & that if congress moves forward it will mean a revolution!” Straka wrote in a tweet the day of the insurrection, according to his criminal complaint. “So congress moves forward. Patriots storm the Capitol ― now everybody is virtual signaling their embarrassment that this happened.”

In another tweet, he said: “Perhaps I missed the part where it was agreed this would be a revolution of ice cream cones & hair-braiding parties to take our government back from lying, cheating globally interested swamp parasites. My bad.”

16 Likes

One wishes his neighbor had been a former NFL or at least college linebacker…

12 Likes

“If you’d just stop making me angry I wouldn’t have to hit you!”

21 Likes