Watch This Closely: New Details On How Giuliani Pal Met Ukrainian Oligarch | Talking Points Memo

One of the most potentially explosive connections in the metastasizing Trump/Giuliani/Ukraine scandal is that of Dmitry Firtash.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1257194

There must be a new app that matches up scumbags seeking each other for skeezy deals.

26 Likes

Trump should just pardon Firtash. It’s very apparent he’s the victim of a lynching.

8 Likes

How is it that these Russian thugs can all make an expensive suit look like something off the rack at J.C. Penney?

11 Likes

…There’s that name again…

16 Likes

Wonkette had and interesting observation that the meeting between Giuliani and Benczkowski was supposed to have been about fraud, and not about Parnav and Fruman.

I wonder if they were discussing Firtash, who the DOJ still won’t say why they won’t extradite him to the US after Austria has given the OK… Would someone please arrest the DOJ???

From CNN: “When Mr. Benczkowski and fraud section lawyers met with Mr. Giuliani, they were not aware of any investigation of Mr. Giuliani’s associates in the Southern District of New York and would not have met with him had they know,” Peter Carr, a department spokesman, told The New York Times on Sunday, which first reported the meeting.

14 Likes

Craig’s List?

7 Likes

I would not have expected less.

Perhaps Taylor can add some details.

19 Likes

Russki Swampski

5 Likes

I’m almost surprised that Barr isn’t just having the folks arrested before they leave their homes in the morning to go testify.

19 Likes

WWW,Thugz,com

What the unsolicited (by me) link says:

“The domain name thugz,com is for sale.
A hip, urban take on the word ‘thugs’ to appeal to bad boys.”

ETA. I disarmed the bogus link (which nevertheless has commercial potential) with commas in the interest of national security.

10 Likes

With a byline to Maddow and her crew please , who dissected this in full last week

10 Likes

I’m sure that was on the options list, at minimum.

5 Likes

Lot’s of tricky decisions for the Trump administration deciding which oligarchs to trust, which oligarchs to pardon, which oligarchs to borrow money from. I am sure they count on Putin to provide guidance in these difficult times.

15 Likes

So what are the prospects for getting Firtash extradited from Austria to see if he’ll spill on what the deal was?

4 Likes

I’m sure Low Barr wishes he could… darn those due process laws.

3 Likes

Grifter.com

3 Likes

Swipe what ever you can swipe.

7 Likes

Barr has his best man, Benczkowski on it right now. He had a meeting with Rudy the other day to help him find Austria on a map…

2 Likes

That or the classic morning traffic accident with a couple of black Suburbans with tinted windows and no license plates.

3 Likes