Watch Former POTUS Donald Trump Repeatedly Plead The Fifth

Wrigleyville ca. 1980-85 was unbelievable. (And Rush Street didn’t exactly suck, either.) It was a big town, but if you hung out there at night on a regular basis – until sunrise, of course – I probably stood (or danced) next to you at least once.

4 Likes

The point is not what you said that may be used against you, the point is guiding the prosecution in where to concentrate their energy and attention. You answer 397 questions and fifth just three, they’re gonna be interested as fuck in why you wouldn’t answer those three. That is why in very basic game theory, it’s a plausible strategy to fifth everything rather than just fifthing something. FFS.

I guess that says it all, Trump is not innocent, he is guilty as hell.

1 Like

My SIL worked in the salon where Ivana got her hair done back in the day. First hand knowledge as to what an entitled biatch she was then. Only sat her supreme self in the chair, had the top line personnel do her do - wouldn’t speak to them while the do was being done, and then waltzed out without so much as a way to pay or a thank you.

1 Like

Yes. She has always been my favorite.

Yep!

Let’s all remember that most of those questions were straight-forward “who owns this property” type pf questions.

AG is now suing Trump and the kids for abusing the 5th amendment.

1 Like

It’ll all be for naught. I don’t see how someone ‘abuses’ the 5th amendment, anymore than I see how someone abuses the 1st or any of the others. They’re within their rights not to incriminate themselves. I think this one gets sent to the showers.

I used to have the vinyl 12” of that song. For that era and that style of music, it was really pretty good.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like fun. BTW, I saw what you posted to Matt at Legacy.com, beautifully stated, it’s something any of us could have written about him.

Amazing to watch him, there in-person. Such guile and deceit, and such rage seething below the surface. I’ve just never understood how tens of millions of Americans can’t see that or feel that in him. It’s so obvious that he’s a menace—a miserable, destructive human being.

1 Like

He looks and acts totally bored by the whole thing. I wonder how bored he will look when put into the general population of a federal prison?

“… And therefore…a Witch!
And what do we do with Witches?”

Feature, not Bug.

I had to chuckle at Woodward’s shot at Donnie’s soiled depends. I bet Bob has plenty more of those little gems to share.

It really is sad to keep seeing a man about whom the whole world will celebrate upon his demise. He will never understand that he had done this entirely to himself.

2 Likes

He had plenty of help from his parents, but the rich fail at parenting just as much as the poor. The poor have fewer resources and affordable lawyers and no money for any help.

And we make the mistake of thinking or believing that he cares what will happen when he kicks off. He cannot imagine not being completely and unquestionably adored.

Yes, I get your point. However…
When you take the fifth, you’re saying that you refuse to answer the question on the basis that it might incriminate you in a criminal proceeding.

In a civil proceeding you can ask the person how he thought that answering the name of his organization could incriminate him. You wouldn’t be able to focus on 3-4 questions, but you could push him on any of the questions on why he thought it would criminally incriminate him.

When deposing a corporation, we don’t know the best person to question regarding a specific topic. So we tell the Coporation the topics that will be covered and ask them to designate who in the company is the most knowledgeable.

Companies often tries to play games and send a junior person to the deposition with zero knowledge about the case or area you’re questioning. A lot of lawyers get upset nd jus through hoops to get the right person. But, the thing is, this is the person who the corporation has designated as the most knowledgeable in the entire company. If he doesn’t know an answer, that means he company doesn’t know the answer.

You can have lots of fun with that, and the junior person’s answers are legally binding on the corporation.

In the same way, pleading the fifth can be held against the person in a civil proceeding. Plus, they know what the pressure points are without being ‘as interested as fuck’ in the questions that weren’t answered.

I’m familiar with basic game theory. I was making a comment based on the rules of civil procedure, the Supreme Court’s ruling in Baxter v. Palmigiano and 20 years of civil litigation. FFS.

“I don’t remember” is not going to play well, either, because TDFFG claims that he knows everything and is in the best mental health of any President, past, present, or future. He has the best brain. There’s arguably more comic gold in his not remembering than in his pleading the fifth.

Which is to say, “No answer to anything.”

. . . Which is the very definition of Donald Trump.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available