Washington NFL Team Hires Law Firm To Review Org’s Culture After Sexual Harassment Expose | Talking Points Memo

The Washington Post reported Thursday that 15 female former employees of the city’s NFL franchise said they were sexually harassed during their time with the team.


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1321022

I was going to propose that hey changed their name to the Washington Swamp, but I guess Washington Satyrs is more adequate.

2 Likes

I am shocked, just :flushed: that dan Snyder is running a sexual harassment ring out of a NFL club. They looked so forward :thinking:. And the organization is such a bunch of winners…

I certainly did not have this on my 2020 hellscape bingo card. :scream:

5 Likes

How many billable hours will it take to try to make this look like it is all the fault of the victims.?

8 Likes

Brett Kavanaugh’s lawyer is going to get to the bottom of these sexual misconduct allegations.

:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Seems like the team needs a new owner.

2 Likes

Prelude to the “Halftime Noon of a Faun”.

Snyder has to make that call. The owners aren’t going to force him out.

2 Likes

There’s a misspelling in the article’s title: It should read Ogre’s Culture…

1 Like
2 Likes

OT. Nearer my God to thee. But not nearer than Toronto.




Eric Boehlert
@EricBoehlert

who wants to tell her…?

Quote Tweet

Laura Ingraham

@IngrahamAngle

· 4h

Will Joe Biden do more to protect religious liberty than Donald Trump? Not a prayer. “City of Toronto Bans Catholic Churches From Administering Holy Communion” https://bigleaguepolitics.com/city-of-toronto-bans-catholic-churches-from-administering-holy-communion/…

7:15 AM · Jul 17, 2020·

6 Likes

Oh Lordy and there are texts.
There’s a reason why Dan Snyder is ranked as one of the worst owners in sports. The others being James Dolan of the Knick’s and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
There were the cheerleader being mistreated stories a few years ago. I think there were some even going back to the 70’s. The famed Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders barely making a wage and forced to show at events while not being compensated. Same with the now defunct Buffalo Jills who were the Bills cheerleaders. Funny how a team like the Green Bay Packers who are part of a trust where people own shares don’t have these types of issues nor are holding their hands out for another stadium or franchise tax break.

5 Likes

She must have used a sharpie on the northern part of the United States into Canada.

4 Likes

I guess you´re referring to the characteristic erect “penis”, but that would make it kinda hard to play football. It was only at the end of the article that the team who cannot be named was labeled the team formerly known as the “Redskins” and yet the photo has a clear representation of a warrior and part of the name. Not much of a sports fan these day but I always thought the “Redskins” name could be read as signifing bravery, courage and strength. Ok so maybe tomahawk chops are derogatory. But I am happy they will change it if it was hurtful to Native Americans. I wonder when the Vikings will have to change their name.

Personally I find the cleansing of all the statues and name changes confusing. For some Confederate traitors it is clear but I don´t think we are gonna nuke Mt Rushmore just because those dudes had a few slaves and it destroyed a sacred mountain. Shit I don`t exactly like being grouped with all those white (more pink and orange actually) people because I am usually quit browned and I think the white folk label is often derogatory.

I attended elementary school in northern Virginia - that’s where I became a Skins fan. I remained a Skins fan after moving to Maryland. I was never a Colts fan. I remained a Skins fan until the team was sold to Snyder. He’s done to the Skins what Peter Angelos did to the Orioles - drive a winning team into the gutter and keep it there.
I’ve lost interest in most professional sports. For the past 5 years I’ve rarely watched an NFL game, don’t watch the NBA or NHL at all. Might watch some soccer or baseball. Might.
I’ve lost all interest in the NFL, though.

1 Like

Go pack Go,he he NFL owner.

1 Like

Seems like the owner needs a humanity makeover.

1 Like

Anything Laura Ingraham has to say is day-before-yesterday’s news.

Well, they could still call themselves the Redskins if their logo was changed to a potato.

. . . and they hired Tommy Tuberville to coach them.

But, yeah, nothing surprising; Snyder is a world-class asshole, so why shouldn’t the organization have reformed itself in his image?

No, waitaminute. The management was always like that.

Jack Kent Cooke was the previous owner. I knew a guy who was a Hill staffer who was having dinner at the Palm in DC with his wife in the 1990s when Jack Kent Cooke groped her. She slugged him, and the restaurant maitre d’ wasn’t going to get anybody from Congress angry, so it was a happy ending.

George Preston Marshall? A racist whose granddaughter (whom I scraped acquaintance with) says, yeah, change the name of the team.

So, a totally fucked up organization. Too bad for Bobby Mitchell and Sonny Jurgensen.

Dan Snyder hired a District of Columbia law firm to review the club’s culture, policies and allegations of workplace misconduct.

"Can’t be upset, losing my life to my work
Ain’t easy and I know it’s gonna hurt, but it keeps me alive
I said I think it’s time for me to go while I’m still able
I can’t do what I’ve been told

And I said that I’m just holding on for my survival
And I can’t ever seem to just let it be
My wheels keep rolling on, even though my money’s gone
But Imma’ go home and pray for a revival"

Thank you Jamestown Revival!