Washington NFL Team Dropping ‘Redskins’ Name And Logo Immediately | Talking Points Memo

Washington Corporatists

I hear it’s about heritage, not hate.

2 Likes

A bird should never say Bon Appétit to a cat within striking distance.

1 Like

Cats are great, but crows are wiley.

3 Likes

Don’t be an upstart, crow.

1 Like

Based on their fanbase reaction, I would think “The Washington Whaaambulance”…

2 Likes

Which is why the team should become the Washington Greenbacks.

There is already a high school in Kansas that call its teams the Greenbacks. The school has a mascot that is perfect for the swampier-than-ever DC region and also has a prize-winning helmet design. Time for Dan Snyder to get on a plane to Kansas and make a deal.

Covid might prevent Snyder from travelling to make a deal, in which case the likely new name is the Washington Orangeskins, and the swampy mascot is one that should be available after January 2021.

3 Likes

My prediction: The Hogs.
You heard it here first.

1 Like

Well, if you’re going there…

The D.C. Comics

2 Likes

As long as it’s specifically that one, I’m happy with it.

The makeup over the mustache was just so perfect.

1 Like

Fedex First Nations Field

has a nice ring to it

2 Likes

I know, right? Sports comedy gold.

The most unimpressive happening of the day. Even in the time of a lying traitor in the WH.

After 87 years a racist name is changed because of money. Lordy we have a long way to go.

Cue the classic:

4 Likes

I can’t claim it as my own. It was a comment I saw on another article on the name change. I think it might have been The Washington Post, since the owner has said repeatedly that he’d “never” change the name.

I also like it as a general assessment. It applies to many personal situations in life as well.

1 Like

Yeah, who knew the Confederacy and all it’s demented offspring would end up changing the definition of the word ‘heritage’?

The Orange Gasbag: “I won’t go to another one of their games!!!”

1 Like

The Washington Insiders

1 Like

@jinnj What does Trump know about football? (Don’t say, “USFL”, which sorta fell on its ass and which he didn’t manage anyway.)

Not compared to coyotes. :smirk:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available