Washington NFL Team Dropping ‘Redskins’ Name And Logo Immediately | Talking Points Memo

As someone who doesn’t give a shit at all (most recent Dirty Santa moment, wife’s coworker opens what turns out to be a Trailblazers sweatshirt, looks at it quizzically for a few seconds and says, “Oh! Sports!”)…which dire situation are you referring to? The Scylla and Charybdis of empty seats caused by COVID vs. COVID jeopardizing their moneymakers, or something else?

So are they now the Washington Unnameds, or the Washington Your-Company-Name-Here’s?

1 Like

suggestions:

Concussed and Forgotten
Stadium Scammers
The Washington Walkbacks

good one

This will be the best post in the nation on the subject.

(crow makes chef’s kiss gesture with wing)

1 Like

Imagine all the puns…

“The Turkey’s got stuffed on sunday”

“The Turkey’s got roasted this week”

That’s a great quote in general. Thanks.

3 Likes

Washington Corporatists

I hear it’s about heritage, not hate.

2 Likes

A bird should never say Bon Appétit to a cat within striking distance.

1 Like

Cats are great, but crows are wiley.

3 Likes

Don’t be an upstart, crow.

1 Like

Based on their fanbase reaction, I would think “The Washington Whaaambulance”…

2 Likes

Which is why the team should become the Washington Greenbacks.

There is already a high school in Kansas that call its teams the Greenbacks. The school has a mascot that is perfect for the swampier-than-ever DC region and also has a prize-winning helmet design. Time for Dan Snyder to get on a plane to Kansas and make a deal.

Covid might prevent Snyder from travelling to make a deal, in which case the likely new name is the Washington Orangeskins, and the swampy mascot is one that should be available after January 2021.

3 Likes

My prediction: The Hogs.
You heard it here first.

1 Like

Well, if you’re going there…

The D.C. Comics

2 Likes

As long as it’s specifically that one, I’m happy with it.

The makeup over the mustache was just so perfect.

1 Like

Fedex First Nations Field

has a nice ring to it

2 Likes

I know, right? Sports comedy gold.

The most unimpressive happening of the day. Even in the time of a lying traitor in the WH.

After 87 years a racist name is changed because of money. Lordy we have a long way to go.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available