You’re missing a few hundred Trump Crime Family / GOP accomplices there…
Personally, I’m hoping for a mass signing of executive orders on day 1, in between the inaugural and a night of celebration, each with the expressed purposes of reversing any Trump has signed, essentially restoring each policy and agency to the setting prior to his arrival. And that’s just day 1, to send a clear message.
The work on moving them more progressively would start on day 2.
That is the “moving on” I want to see. Hey, one can dream!
Obviously a concern to some extent, but the trail of criminal incompetence these guys have left behind them suggests to me that while they may try to completely white-out the record, they’ll largely fail at that too. I mean, just think of the shear breadth and volume of erasure they’d have to engage in to hide it all. I just don’t think it’s possible. To the extent that they go big and accomplish it, the scale of what they’d done would land them all in prison in no time fucking flat. There’d just be no saving them. I think this may be part of why they’re starting to realize the importance of having some sort of “precedence” they can point to and say “but it wasn’t wrong even if he did it.”
We will need a bigger tumbrel.
Unfortunately, all those bills die on McConnell’s desk at the end of the session. The House will have to reintroduce each bill at the begining od Warren’s term.
OT Another industrial explosion in TX. Didn’t they just have one? This time in Houston. Russia and Texas. Come for the big country, stay for the industrial accidents.
Someone thinks that the gravy train might be over very soon. Trump just doubled the rates at Doral ahead of Thursday’s meeting, grabbing for every last taxpayer dollar before his tiny glider dive-bombs in to the desert sand.
Doral will close the day after he leaves office. He is desperately trying to keep that dead animal alive because Doral going under while he is in office would be so embarrassing. Why not let it go Donny? Can always blame the Dems for Doral’s failure!
The day Trump leaves office Trump is defeated - think of the rat exodus we will witness.
I had no idea what was going on.
I was just following orders.
I was part of the resistance.
I was fearful for my whatever.
Across his decades in politics, political partnership with Obama, and his role in the RT talking points about his son, I’m reluctant to think that Biden really is as naive as everyone assumes when he talks about working with Republicans versus saying vanilla things catered towards non-controversy in a general election against Trump.
My hair would look bad if my head was on a pike.
Dimwit Donnie will now proceed to incriminate himself further by hiding or destroying the evidence. Being out of office won’t save him. Then it becomes another philosophical/governmental question: can we prosecute a former President?
I think Biden believes that he can win with left of center Democrats, centrists and right of center Republicans and independents who are fed up with Trump, and see Joe as an acceptable Democrat because he’s a known commodity and not too left of center. He might pull it off. I really do see him as a “look forward type”.
Biden needs to be pressed about this. Primary voters need to know whether he’s going to root out the rot the GOP has cultivated in our governing bodies or allow it to fester in preparation for the next election.
No biggie, just flush all the toxic runoff into the nearest bayou. Donnie says it’s okay…
Right. I see this as a great election year statement by her, and wouldn’t be surprised nor fault her for it if it never quite comes to pass. But making whatever docs that still exist AVAILABLE isn’t some kind of freakish and revolutionary set-the-country-on-fire and doom-the-midterms sort of move. It is just transparency. Half the country isn’t going to revolt just because she de-classifies or makes the docs public. Going after every R with criminal DOJ prosecutions would be inflammatory…but not merely making the docs available.
I’m not very good with politics, but I’d say that if the public is tired of hearing about the tremendous amount of scandal from DT and his minions, that’s probably enough scandal that we should actually do something to try to minimize future scandal. That will necessarily involve publicity and prosecution. Otherwise, the bad actors go right back to it when they get the chance.
Maybe that’s the way the Dems need to go, check that, ONE of the ways. Start releasing documents to the people and the press openly and as unredacted as possible. Do it in the Well of the House and Senate, do it on CNN and the Fresno Bee and post it on walls around town.
And it’s also long past time for David Pecker to get broken on the wheel of justice and all his dirty secrets exposed to the light, goppers only.
Any Dem winning the Presidency will suffer a hollow victory unless the Senate is also retaken and the House held. McConnell will continue to bury bills if he’s the majority leader. And he will never allow a confirmation hearing on a Federal judge, on any bench, including and most importantly SCOTUS.
Ever since all this madness started, I’ve been feeling despair: he’ll declare exoneration again, go on to reelection, and we’ll never know the truth. Despair robs me of energy. Warren’s statement made me 2% less despairing and 2% more energetic. Multiply that by a few tens of millions. If this election becomes a referendum on finally learning the truth, I’m fine with that.
To me, the real story is that Trump and his crew can still keep them unreleased.