War In Europe: Scope Of Russian Invasion Emerges At Daylight | Talking Points Memo

I hear she’s actually up to “High.”

11 Likes

Good call. The similarity to Sudatenland are strikingly familiar.

12 Likes

I hope you are right. The Ukrainians do not identify as Russian, and kicked out Putin’s last puppet. Also, many of the citizenry are armed, so it could be long and bloody.

9 Likes

The boundaries of Asia seem to be migrating.

5 Likes

Mike Pompatus’ support for Putin’s war machine seems unlikely (to me) to play well in Kansas. I know Dorothyland has changed a lot since I lived there, but I cannot conceive of it changing so much that an invasion of Ukraine by Russia is going to be seen as a Good Thing by Kansans.

As to Cucker Tarlson, noting that Putin has not personally tortured him or taught his children (if any) a more-accurate version of history does not make Vladimir a virtuous man. (It doesn’t make him a virtuous woman, either…that role is reserved for Rudy Ghouliani.)

7 Likes

Eurasia?

2 Likes

I hope we sent them a bunch of Stingers in addition to the Javelins.

6 Likes

No US boots on the ground but it’s a sure bet that NATO sigint is active and effective.

3 Likes

FIFY.

1 Like

Bending over and kissing Putin’s ass at any and every opportunity now qualifies as “deterrence”, Mike? Good to know…

10 Likes

No, Me Raisia! 10 bucks!

6 Likes

I think he is too, and his fading approval at home isn’t helping. But, true to form, he’s getting a boost out of this.

We’ll see about that, though, when the law of unintended consequences takes over. I don’t think this will end well for Russia. It really is madness.

10 Likes

TFG essentially called him savvy the other day – called him “brilliant.”

7 Likes

I worry that it won’t end well for the world.

12 Likes

Yes, but I was thinking of more reliable sources.

3 Likes

My Republican congress critter has put out a statement condemning Putin, she sits on the Foreign Relations committee. While the Republican congress critter in the district next door has put out a statement blasting Biden, and she’s running to replace Blunt with Hawley’s nod of approval. She sits on the Armed Service’s Committee.
Republicans in disarray?

18 Likes

Right now, I’m sitting at my desk at work, and I don’t know what to do.

I’m moving paper (both on my desk and in trucks), and I feel lost and helpless.

19 Likes

Oh, you know he will. That’s the dream of all mediocre, entitled, second-generation heirs. To take their “rightful” place ruling over others.

11 Likes

From the Beeb, in Europe.

Neighbouring countries have been reacting to the crisis.

The prime minister of the Baltic republic of Estonia, bordering Russia, said a number of Nato allies that shared borders with Russia had agreed to launch consultations under Nato’s Article 4.

Moldova has declared a state of emergency and is prepared to give help to tens of thousands of Ukrainians. Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda also said he was signing a state of emergency to be approved by parliament.

Nato secretary general Jens Stoltenberg said: “We will continue to do whatever is necessary to shield the alliance from aggression.”

The US, EU, UK and Japan have imposed sanctions against leading Russians, Russian banks and MPs who backed the move. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a TV address the “hideous and barbaric venture by Vladimir Putin must end in failure”.

21 Likes

There are a lot of Jeb Bush type of people who are still looking at the wrong things with respect to “leadership”.

4 Likes