WaPo: 2 Arrested For Assault Of Capitol Police Officer Who Later Died After Jan. 6 Attack | Talking Points Memo

You sorted out whatever issues you had with whatever mistakes they were maybe making later. Right now you just STFU and made no trouble for them

Not so sure about that; back in the day when I was in grad school I had a looong commute from work to school. A cop was using traffic stops for sexual assaults on lone female drivers. I was nearly one of his victims till he discovered the dog in the back seat. No way should females “STFU” when this occurs.

8 Likes

Yes. The cytokine storm that sepsis engenders can kill very quickly and is highly ideopathic. No two people have the same immune response during sepsis

4 Likes

According to the google, their surnames are Lebanese and Arabic. They’re friends from childhood.

1 Like

They need to tie the bear spray to the death. Autopsy results and other forensic analysis will need to tie this all together before they do more charges. So more charges are likely, but they want to be sure they do the max without overcharging.

I often find your comments enlightening. Thank you.
6537_HatTip

3 Likes

Tanios is from my hometown, where, most recently, he ran a mildly successful sandwich shop called Sandwich U, where he called himself “president,” and where he demeaned former employees on social media for not meeting his standards. Before that, I’m told he ran several unsuccessful businesses.

He was in the local news last fall, when he claimed someone had vandalized the windows of his shop, which urged the re-election of the (now) Former Guy

3 Likes

It’s not bothering most folks, except the media. They were spoiled and need to find topics, policies and such and do real reporting.

2 Likes

According to Sen. Johnson and his Orange feudal lord, I’m sure they are “very fine people”.

Was there an autopsy? I assume he was cremated because the remains fit into what looked like a cufflink box.

1 Like

If they aren’t, I just might “pray” for street justice to befall these idiots.

But it requires that the accused

commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death

The cops have used the same stuff, if I am not mistaken. Will prosecutors want to prove that’s an act clearly dangerous to human life?

The only bears around had an alibi from Barney Frank.

3 Likes

Prosecutors won’t have to prove an act clearly dangerous to human life, since the Texas Penal Code doesn’t apply in DC. They would, however, have to prove malice aforethought.

2 Likes

outside the building was a construction project which was scavenged for bits of utility items… rods, poles, bars, if there was any welding equipment…

1 Like

If you google “Capsaicin Safety Data Sheet,” you’ll see that, even if this is what’s in the bear spray, it is nothing to fool with. I can cause permanent eye damage, among other effects, and the SDS I looked at said all of its are not fully known.

I would imagine they could tack on a number of counts of hindering officers in the performance of their duty.

The earlier segment of video has Khater demanding the spray from his accomplice because he himself was sprayed. So his act was deliberate and with intent to at least injure in kind. This has to venture into felony land when the sum of actions are brought to light.

My aunt once had cats she named Mayhem & Havoc.

1 Like

Intent to spray the cops isn’t in any doubt. Intent to commit a felony? That’s a much harder question.

1 Like

It is merciful when it kills quickly. My maternal grandmother suffered terribly for nearly three weeks before succumbing.