Originally published at: Vulnerable GOPer Breaks With Trump’s Retribution Crusade Against Blue States
‘I Will Challenge Anybody Who Gets in My Way’ My colleagues and I have been tracking the creative ways in which vulnerable Republicans up for reelection in November have been distancing themselves from President Trump in recent weeks, as his approval rating craters — due to his war in Iran and rising gas prices, the…
Trump and his gang will do anything that they think (!) they can get way with.
Walking dead?
As Khaya Himmelman and I have been documenting in The Franchise, this is a major concern for Democrats this fall and an issue that Trump administration officials have repeatedly refused to give a straight answer on. It’s against federal law for armed law enforcement officials to be present at polling places, but Trump and his allies have been flirting with the idea — whether it’s ICE agents, the National Guard, or FBI agents — for the better part of the past year.
I would guess the administration’s argument would be that members of the military are not “law enforcement personnel” … that is perhaps questionable with ICE Agents (FWIW, I think they are law enforcement) but definitely fails with FBI Agents…in my opinion.
Act 5, Scene 1 “Macbeth”…
Lady Macbeth: “Out damned spot! Out I say!”
“What, will these hands ne’er be clean? All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand.”
Poor You!!!
Trump? Who? Don’t know him, never met the guy.
If Trump declared a National Emergency, it would have a chilling effect on voting even it was blocked by our courts.
Separately, what should Neighborhood Associations be doing if they are near polling places?
Can they have tables outside the polling area and witnesses?
Wondering how much time Piss-Pot Pete spends looking in the mirror every day, practicing his tough-guy look.
Didn’t his mother ever warn him that his face would freeze like that?
I wonder if Trump has enough self-control left to resist the urge to destroy Kean, Jr. Spitefulness and dementia do not generally march hand in hand with restraint.
