Volker To Distance Himself From The Other Amigos In His Testimony

Kurt Volker, former special envoy to Ukraine, plans to deemphasize his role in the Ukraine pressure campaign by claiming ignorance of it, and to insist that he didn’t realize hypothetical investigations into Burisma were actually investigations into the Bidens.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263260
1 Like

That smarmy, smug face needs to be locked up for perjury.

11 Likes

Rat jumps off ship.
Wet rat denies having been onboard.

27 Likes

The Two Amigos and the One Hombre Who Can’t Recall.

17 Likes

Kurt Volker, former special envoy to Ukraine, plans to deemphasize his role in the Ukraine pressure campaign by claiming ignorance of it, and to insist that he didn’t realize hypothetical investigations into Burisma were actually investigations into the Bidens.

BULLShit-small|nullxnull

13 Likes

Just not credible or possible. If this is what he’s reduced to he should throw in the towel. This man is getting ready to insult the intelligence of everyone in that room and watching via TV. I hope he’s dealt with accordingly.

19 Likes

So, does this mean someone new is going to testify Thursday that Volker was on the phone at a restaurant talking to the POTUS about “investigations into the Bidens”?

9 Likes

Tres pendejo’s

18 Likes

There aren’t that many rats remaining on the ship. It looks like Perry and Pompeo are going to take the ride to the bottom.

5 Likes

Volker Plans To Distance Himself

Unless he plans to testify by video from Samoa, which has no extradition treaty with the USA, I’m not sure how much good this will do him.

5 Likes

Perry plans to distance himself from Perry

24 Likes

Maybe he will get rid of the glasses so nobody will recognize him. He could also hide out at his N-Clang!head ranch.

8 Likes

I can’t believe he’ll get away with this. It’s like being the assistant director of Jurassic Park and claiming you had no idea it about dinosaurs because you were “out of the loop”. And just what the hell does a dining district in Chicago have to do with this?

3 Likes

8 Likes

That dog won’t hunt.

9 Likes

Volker Plans To Distance Himself From The Other Amigos In His Testimony

21 Likes

“Mr. Chairman, there was two empty chairs between me and them other two at the meeting. It was quite a distance.”

5 Likes

So - it’s the “Sgt. Schultz defense” against the “Side Show Bob” defense.

These guys plan on arriving in a clown car?

14 Likes

Good luck with that LIAR You are involved in a festering cesspool of corruption and grift. Lot of Goddamn cockroaches scurrying with every rock that’s overturned. The whole Republican party appears to be invested in it and you’re in the club

3 Likes

OT.Breaking news in WaPo. Sweden is dropping rape charges against Julian Assange.

2 Likes