USDA Slashes Buyouts For Experts Leaving Agency Over Relocation

The USDA is slashing buyout payments for economists and researchers in two small agencies who are leaving their jobs after the Department announced that their positions were being moved to Kansas City.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1243802
1 Like

Let’s streamline it starting with your job, Mulvaney.

35 Likes

We don’t need no stinking USDA
Free Market will work, If it kills enough people no one will buy it

18 Likes

Republican’ts run on the platform that government is broken. Then they get elected and break it…

32 Likes

Imagine the quality of the applicants who have applied. You think any of them know anything past “Old McDonald Had A Farm?” Not if the quality of their other hires is any indication.

2 Likes

Offering buyouts then slashing the terms by 60%. This is seriously awful behavior. Yet again, the Successful Businessperson Presidency turns out to be awful at business-type stuff (and everything else).

44 Likes

This is the Trump Administration. Cruelty is the point.

38 Likes

You see, the GOP mainly designs slaughter houses.

6 Likes

These are highly qualified career scientists. The institutional knowledge being lost is enormous.

The Rs and the Trumpsters hate science, I guess because it tends to refute their self-serving version of facts.

37 Likes

not only has the fascistgop decided to welch on agreements with foreign nations, they’ve now decided to welch on agreements with our own citizens.

the motto of the fascistgop - if you believed us you’re a sucker.

20 Likes

We have major problems in the agricultural sector due to Trump’s ill-thought through tariffs and are possibly on the cusp of a recession, and the Administration is busy adding insult to injury to the experts who can help with policy adjustments? How classically Trumpian.

16 Likes

They’re not just destroying agencies, they’re destroying the general faith in the rule of law. Because second amendment remedies are almost starting to seem attractive.

6 Likes

For people asking what is the first thing that a Dem admin should do?

Reverse all of this kind of shit.

Relocate these agencies back to desirable places and offer all the jobs back to these displaced career people.

Fuck any attempts at “bipartisan solutions” in regards to this bullshit.

The GOP has declared total war, not just on the Democrats, but on governance.

Total defeat. And we make the new rules.

32 Likes

In the coming decades, the next generation of PhDs will write fascinating theses on the decline of the sciences in the United States of America. Unfortunately, they won’t be written in English but in Chinese, Korean, Japanese, French, and so on.

16 Likes

They will continue to do right by their employees by first offering $25,000 reduced to $10,000 and you need to decide by Monday. And, by the way, it’s first come, first served.
This sounds like such a good deal and I bet if they moved they’d have to pay their own moving expenses.

11 Likes

"Feature, Not A Bug"®

13 Likes

We’re going to need a bigger whine cellar.

4 Likes

No I say, and NO I SAY LOUDER! Make Mick “acting” all positions, pay Mick for one.

6 Likes

I guess this is how TRUMPf was so successful in business…after the job was completed and the invoices in…he then offered to pay just 40% of the cost he agreed on…take it or leave it.

11 Likes

They’ll all be short, 4 words in any language. @micande has it correct “Cruelty was the point”.

7 Likes