US Navy Hospital Ship Arriving Soon In New York City

Now see, I’m old enough to remember when this ship was sent to places where the local government and its medical systems were overwhelmed and needed help, unable as they were to care for their own citizens. The people had made bad leadership choices, but still, one tried to help alleviate suffering where possible. It was a nobless oblige kind of thing, since our society was so obviously superior in so many ways.

Of course, that was a long time ago.

1 Like

The owner is Joel Freedman, of California. No idea if he’s a friend of Jared.
He has a residence in Phila. in Rittenhouse Square, valued at more than $3 mn.

That’s really all they did in the Javits center. Donald makes it out like they built walls or a building.

4 Likes

In the Navy’s defense, the ship was undergoing scheduled maintenance. Having said that, the administration should have told them months ago to expedite repairs and prepare for deployment in four to six weeks.

1 Like

This description of Trump as a savvy businessman is fucking sad. Guy ran every business he’s ever “run” or touched into the ground and now taking a country doing the best it had ever done after being run almost into the ground by the previous republican President and R ruled congress, into the ground while killing people by fucking up the response to a medical emergency because he’s more worried about the economy. Guess it shouldn’t be to believe such a dumb ass was on Trump’s staff, but ugh, what a reminder

1 Like

I gather that he is this Joel Freedman…

3 Likes

I don’t know the law even a teeny bit but cant they just imminent domain the son of a bitch and use it?

From my understanding, they would then need to purchase it. Also, it would take too long.

Temple University is letting the city use space free of charge.

Unfortunately, with eminent domain, they have to pay fair market value.

I’m in general not at all a fan of the government hacking people’s property but in times of emergency viral needed spaces should be able to be utilized at the government’s whim. I know it’s a slippery slope but if this is war then treat it that way.

I hope that goes viral in Philly. If there were any justice in this world he would get a gigantic boil on his fanny that never heals.

1 Like

Because the Chinese did literally build hospitals from scratch, so he had to claim to have done Even More! Even Better!

Assholes gotta asshole…

1 Like

The one I was born in in the Bronx, a veteran’s hospital then and part of Montefiore in between, is now being turned into a Covid Center.

@bankerpup

These are the centers. We will need more.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available