Unfortunately, The 2024 Republican Race Has Begun | Talking Points Memo

This article is part of TPM Cafe, TPM’s home for opinion and news analysis. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1352282

Fortunately, they’re all in the same car…

4 Likes

What better way to build a winning coalition in 2024 than to tell the people you need that 2020 was a fraud?

4 Likes

5 Likes

He’s got plans alright

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MI) has been called out for fabricating details of a protest outside his home in Virginia on Monday night. “Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel,” he wrote. “Now ‘vigil’ means screaming threats through bullhorns, vandalizing property, pounding on the doors of homes and terrorizing innocent people and children.” However, the local police department said no property damage was reported and the group of about 15 protesters left without incident when police arrived. They were cited for writing chalk messages on the street, chanting in violation of local noise limits, and protesting outside a private home, which is illegal in Virginia. “It was a minor event,” a police spokesman said.

3 Likes

Hawley’s Furious Tweets About Antifa Attacking His Home Were BS, Cops Say

The Missouri senator claimed protesters vandalized his home on Monday night and terrorized innocent people.

The scariest part of that story is that he is breeding and reproducing…

4 Likes

And then he woke up…

2 Likes

And had to change the sheets…

2 Likes

Of course it’s too early to predict anything, but I have a hard time imagining Biden running again in 2024.

Isn’t that kind of like saying “I’m Mick Jagger, but without the rock star persona or the ability to sing on key,” or “I’m Ted Bundy, but without the serial killer tendencies or the sociopathy.”

I mean, there is no Trump without the incompetence and psychological derangement. He is defined by them.

Race begun … crashing on first lap …

2 Likes

Please sign this petition asking for Hawley’s resignation or expulsion. Obviously not a magic bullet but a worthwhile step towards an important goal.

1 Like

And here’s one for Cruz:

1 Like

Yeah, but Hawley is most certainly another ivy-league loooooser!

1 Like

Suggestion to talentless poseurs…keep running…

Ergo…Hawley us bullshit…

1 Like

Josh Hawley = Buzz Windrip with an education.

He saw what tRump has gotten away with, wants to emulate it.
This is the damage tRump did – encourage aspiring autocrats by providing a model and proof of just what a corrupt president can get away with – one helluva lot.

1 Like

I’ve already made up my mind: no Hawley or Cruz in 2024.

Does Josh Hawley have the mumps, or is he just that pug-ugly?