U.S. Capitol Locked Down Due To Reported Security Threat | Talking Points Memo

The U.S. Capitol was locked down on Friday due to a reported security threat. Follow along with TPM’s live coverage below:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1367908

So… Guess the threats were real after all.

I expect the republicans will all go on the record to reverse their stance against the security measures in place.

33 Likes

When will we properly confront right-wing terrorism?

19 Likes

It’s the Modus Operandi of the QAnon/Oath Keepers crowd: “Do what we say or we’ll smash our cars into immovable objects and go to the hospital!”

ETA: I’m hoping that’s who went to the hospital.

ETA: And I was wrong. 2 officers injured, plus the suspect. And the bozo at the wheel accomplished nothing of significance for his/her ‘cause’.

13 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure the Qedophiles have already labeled this a false flag operation.

16 Likes

Nancy clearly had this set up to undermine republican calls to get the NG to go away.

13 Likes

ABC is covering this on TV, it appears the officers fired on the attacker.

13 Likes

I think we’ll start somewhere around the afternoon of January 20th, 2021.

13 Likes

TV saying the person drove into 2 capitol police officers. All three are in the hospital, including the suspect who is under arrest.

8 Likes
26 Likes

Why be brave and forthright when you can be cowardly and attack people who have nothing to do with what you are angry about?
I don’t believe a liberal’s brain works this way, gonna bet the house it’s a Red Rube.

18 Likes

UPDATE: U.S. Capitol Police say a person rammed a vehicle through a barricade, injuring two officers.

Capitol police say the suspect is in custody and the two officers and the suspect were all taken to the hospital. https://t.co/nz3aOE27mg

— WAVY TV 10 (@WAVY_News) April 2, 2021
8 Likes

Is this a problem. Based on the events of January 6th wasn’t this driver exercising a form of free speech?

8 Likes
14 Likes

Jesus Christ. I thought I was kidding. Those people don’t watch the news. I thought we had hours.

18 Likes

MY aliBi is iron Clad. LikelY Antifa anyWay.

22 Likes

Let’s get some expert analysis on how much of a threat it was from Ron Johnson.

20 Likes

For real, they have.

ETA just saw you heard. What we’ll laughingly call “reality” for Q people is governed by how things make Q look.

15 Likes

I’d guess the reactionaries’ll go with ‘emotionally disturbed individual.’
They’ll say: “No way to predict it, no way to protect against it, no reason to maintain heightened security.”
Even if the suspect’s into Q, Donnie and anything else that ties them to contemporary reactionary politics. (Ed.)
ETA: It’ll show that Pelosi’s claim was accurate: the enemy’s inside the House.

ETA 2: Looks like EDI may have been correct in this case and I retract the comment.

3 Likes

A reporter just said they don’t know if it was a planned act or and accident,or was it a decoy for something else,What ?

All the security out there to begin with the person knew what they were doing and the attention it would get.

5 Likes